Dumb question alert...

Started by martym00se72, September 17, 2010, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martym00se72

but I'd rather ask a dumb question than do something stupid :)

I need to lift the back end into the air and put it on jack stands to do some work - what's the best jacking point to get both wheels off the ground. I am thinking de Dion tube but just in case, thought I would ask...

Most of my work to date has been on the front end.
Cheers
Marty
'83 GTV6 - 3.0 is in! Ohhh yeah!
'99 156 T-spark - Formula 98 ready!

What do people do with their old 2.5...?

Barry Edmunds

Marty

Under the Di Dion tube will get the wheels off the ground. High enough will depend on jacking height. Alternative could be to use Alfa jack, one side of the car at a time.

Barry

dehne

hi there, im asuming the gtv has the same type of jacking points as the 90 and alfetta's so what i do is using the jack provided is lift 1 side the put the jack stand under the jack point then do the same to the otherside, please remember the chock the front wheels
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Martyn

Hydraulic jack under centre of de dion but make sure you clear the pivot point of Watts linkage. Then put jack stands at each side of de dion adjacent to rear wheel and lower onto these. Remember when jacking car to get off stands not to put any part of jack under fuel tank because if you do this a dent or rupture may occur when lowering. (its called experience!)
Regards
Martyn Piercey
105 GTV (building for Nc)
Alfetta GT
76 Spider(in bits)
GTV 2000
1300 GT Junior
147 Selespeed(sold)
Sc Alfetta GTV (sold)