New Seatbelts

Started by scuzzyGTV, August 01, 2010, 06:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzyGTV

Hi everyone

Just feeling a bit of a safety focus tonight and wondering what others have used to replace the inertial reels?

It's not that the current ones are bad, although being 30 years old i'm sure thay aren't great either. I don't like the way these ones the buckle sits on my stomach.

For event purposes I will use a harness, it just isn't practical 100% of the time, epecially for my wife as a passenger!

thanks in advance.

scott.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

alfagtv152

Hi Scott,
When I restored my 1975 GT I bought some new general purpose Klippan inertia reel belts,I think I got them from REPCO!!.From memory I had to make a small adjustment to the floor end,maybee cut a bit off the bracket that wasn't need,wasn't a big deal or destroying the integrity of it.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

Bob Morey

Hi Scott, I bought new lap sash belts from Hemco Industries http://www.hemco.com.au/seatbelts.html for my Alfetta GT.  The price was good & they are a very user friendly company.  I fitted #1790006SP seat belts with 1710002 anchors & 1765004 stalks.  They matched the factory mounting points exactly & the buckle is low down on your hip.  The only problem I had was making sure the mounting face of the recoil drum at the base of the pillar was vertical.  Initially the recoils were locking prematurely but I fixed this with a bit of packing behind the bottom of the recoil drum so the face was vertical.

scuzzyGTV

thanks guys. i'll have a look into both options. as i'm about to swap in my new motor the car will be off the road for a while and i thought i'd do some other bits as well. seems like a good time.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red