DECA details

Started by Justin Jacobs, April 16, 2007, 07:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Jacobs

I can't see any costs , booking forms or entry requirements on the site for the Shep skid pan trip ? Can I bring non-menbers if they pay the entry fee etc............any futher details along these lines would be appreciated - Looking forward to it - JJ .

Fast Eddie

Justin,
event details are being finalised but we know the dates - 19 May for the social run up to Shepp and dinner (at own expense), then the motorkhana @ DECA on Sunday 20th starting @ 0730 with a bbq breakfast.

Supp regs will be posted once completed, hopefully this week.

Non AROCA members must join the club for the relevant insurance covers to take effect, they will also need a CAMS licence at this stage but will confirm this shortly.

Everyone is responsible for their own accomodation. 
Stay tuned for more news on this site and the newsletter.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Justin Jacobs

Scott Farquharson

Evan, this isn't a being run under a CAMS multi club permit then?
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

It's Ed and yes it will be under CAMS permit, i am drafting the supp regs and permit appln as we speak.  Why do you ask?
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

They would just have to be members of a CAMS affilliated club then, not neccessarily need to join AROCA.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

correct.  This is a 2S event
Supp regs and EF attached and will be uploaded to site shortly.  Entries close last mail Friday 11 May. Entry $55.00 including bbq breakfast.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

alfagtv58

Pardon my ignorance....The way I read the supp regs (and corresponding CAMS Docs) no extinguisher, secondary bonnet 'tie down', blue triangle etc.  I can rock up in our road-going MX5 and have a play. Is this correct?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

Sure,
it's only a motorkhana.  you wont go faster than about 5 - 60k's during the test(if it's dry.  Iff wet halve this) and there will fire extinguishers placed around the circuit and only 1 car at a time on each test.

We will check for overall safety - wheels not going to forseeably fall off, battery secure etc.  To crash at this venue, you would have to fail the test dismally and go warp speed about 500m to a k to hit anything.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Eddy Bidese

Hi Ed....can you confirm the intentions for the day. The sup regs indicate motorkhana according to Cams manual. Is that with standard layout dimensions ie very tight?? Or do you intend to have one layout at a time  using the whole skid pan as I'm used to running in eg Dutton or GP rally?  I'd much prefer the latter!!!!!!!!!

Fast Eddie

Whilst i am not designing or conducting the tests, i know we intend to do some sessions with 2 tests simultaneously on the skidpan (to keep it flowing for everyone) but can easily vary the tests to suit the attendees.
Nothing is locked in test wise so we have the flexibility.  Even by following the CAMS tests, we can "stretch" these out to accomodate different vehicles no problem and we have the whole faiclity to use.

worth the trip for sure, especially when we wet the skidpan ;D
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV