TS temperature sender

Started by Mat Francis, June 20, 2010, 10:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

Can anybody tell me if the temperature sender (which I'm assuming is the one at the back of the head) should operate the same as the ones in Nord engines? Didn't have an issue in either the 75 or the alfetta before the swap, guessing some sort of incompatibility? Or rookie user mistake?
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Mat Francis on June 20, 2010, 10:23:09 PM
Can anybody tell me if the temperature sender (which I'm assuming is the one at the back of the head) should operate the same as the ones in Nord engines? Didn't have an issue in either the 75 or the alfetta before the swap, guessing some sort of incompatibility? Or rookie user mistake?

From memory they should - haven't plugged the overheating warning light wire into the temperature sender have you? (assuming sedans do have the overheating warning light same as a GTV)
Remember the actual temp sender on the alfetta is the one in the intake manifold, not the one behind the spark plug for cylinder 4....

Check the gauge by pulling the wire off the sender, and touching it to earth - the gauge should go to full hot.  Or, if you've got the wrong wire, the overheating light will come on  :P

Mat Francis

Quote from: Jekyll and Hyde on June 21, 2010, 07:44:00 PM

Remember the actual temp sender on the alfetta is the one in the intake manifold, not the one behind the spark plug for cylinder 4....

Hmm. There's the problem. Pretty sure i only plugged in the wire behind plug 4. As above. Rookie mistake. Cheers
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Tristan Atkins

Hey Mat,

The TS sender is compatible with the Alfetta gauge. However they are in different positions. Make sure you get the correct one. Craig's Places has some good diagrams.

Tristan