Interesting Alfetta seen today

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, June 19, 2010, 06:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

As most of us know, when you've been in the club for a little while you start to get familiar with most of the Alfas around your local area, particularly any that are a little different from standard.  I was driving down the Nepean today and this red Alfetta parked on the other side of the road caught my eye from a distance.  As I went past it looked VERY interesting, so I had to turn around to check it out, especially since it was a very distinctive car which I'd never seen before, and it looked to have a for sale sign on it.

Well from 50 meters away, it still looked fantastic, but as I got closer a few things seemed amiss.  For starters it had huge balloon tyres like a dragster, and the outboard drum brakes at the rear and running on LPG seemed to be particularly retrograde things to do to an Alfetta.  Sure enough it's fitted with a 302, Powerglide and a 9 inch.

Workmanship seems very good though, the body and interior are very nice.  It is indeed for sale, PM me if you want the phone number, or it's location.  I reckon it would be an excellent mid-engine project, once the crap running gear was sold off.

John A Pucak

STRADALE

Its a bitsa 1/4vent windows 5 stud wheels gtv vents who knows what else.????

Frank Musco

Well I cant stop looking at it, so I like it. Looks like some good fibreglass work. I'd love to see the engineers certification.

Been down this road before, and I would definately put back the original running gear, so the car would turn and stop and do all the things Alfas are well known for. I've lost the urge for going really fast for a short time in a straight line. Just another drag car...

Well done though, good to see Alfas in another form of motorsport.

Ray Pignataro

I thought it looked good but was  not sure if it was me or my heritage. lol

MD

I am going to regret saying this...fighting a choke but I am going to do it..

For me the ONLY Alfas that I have ever seen with serious modifications in the wheels and guards department that looked any good (read pants wetting) is the drop nose Bertie

I know, I know, I got the hate mail box open.... :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Anthony Miller

It reminds me of Tony Edmonston's sports sedan, only a road going version without the wing
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

alfagtv152

The Tony Edmondsun GTV is for sale on My105.com Sportscars.
It has been restored and painted up in it's Ansett livery.
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

STRADALE

Edmonson .......Ricciardello...
This car has an amazing racing heritage and should be in the racing hall of fame

alfagtv152

I reckon it looks good,would be great to make GTV8 out of,with a transaxle of course.It is a GT shell just like the original Alfetta GTAM's that were brought in.
The body itself looks just like the Auto Delta GTAM.I will attach some pics.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

116gtv

Sheldon, whats he asking for this thing? Maybe its the angle but those guards look even wider than the Group 2 guards...

Storm_X

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on June 19, 2010, 06:03:40 PM
As most of us know, when you've been in the club for a little while you start to get familiar with most of the Alfas around your local area, particularly any that are a little different from standard.  I was driving down the Nepean today and this red Alfetta parked on the other side of the road caught my eye from a distance.  As I went past it looked VERY interesting, so I had to turn around to check it out, especially since it was a very distinctive car which I'd never seen before, and it looked to have a for sale sign on it.

Well from 50 meters away, it still looked fantastic, but as I got closer a few things seemed amiss.  For starters it had huge balloon tyres like a dragster, and the outboard drum brakes at the rear and running on LPG seemed to be particularly retrograde things to do to an Alfetta.  Sure enough it's fitted with a 302, Powerglide and a 9 inch.

Workmanship seems very good though, the body and interior are very nice.  It is indeed for sale, PM me if you want the phone number, or it's location.  I reckon it would be an excellent mid-engine project, once the crap running gear was sold off.

i like how you say once the crap running gear was sold off.
even tho i would like  to see a 2ltr keep up with a 302 in that car. and also you wont have any trouble blowing up a 9inch
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

MD

Here's a different Alfetta seen today...how good is this !!! ??
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sheldon McIntosh

This is very good.  The Dude abides.   

I'm trying to convince Bruno (Maranello Pursang Motors) to do this to a 90.