AROCA Phillip Island Sprint SATURDAY 3 July 2010, RESULTS attached

Started by Neil Choi, June 03, 2010, 09:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hello there all

Please find attached the SR and EF to AROCA Phillip Island Sprint on SATURDAY 3 July.

For the event, we will be needing a range of officials, so if you are entering and can help out officiating, please let me know.

If you are not running, but can come down and help, let me know.

And if you have someone coming down to spectate and can help out, let me know.

More importantly, we need flag marshals to assist for the day.

Of course, all officials will be looked after in the usual Alfa way!!!

Regards
Neil

branko.gt

you better change the chief scrutineer as Bruno will not be back in the country at that date.

Neil Choi

Just a quick reminder to those who are intending on entering.

Places are filling fast.

Don't leave too late.

Neil

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Just over a week to our first PI sprint this year.

If you are intending to enter, you must do so by this day or two, I am closing off entries so I can get my paperwork done nice and early as I have a car to prepare as well!!!

Anyway, I am also seeking officials and anyone wanting to help out as a flag marshal for any period of time during the day, if you are coming to spectate and can help out, please let me know, reason being so I can arrange catering, feed and look after those who help out.  Also if you want to do some flagging, great opportunity to see some racing close up trackside and take some pictures too.

So let me know on neil_choi@optusnet.com.au or call on 0433 11 66 47

Cheers
Neil

Paul Gulliver

Neil, Pace Car format for sprints worked well at Sandown will you be using that at Philip Island
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Brad M

Quote from: Paul Gulliver on June 24, 2010, 10:29:30 PM
Neil, Pace Car format for sprints worked well at Sandown will you be using that at Philip Island

Correction, SAFETY Car format for sprints worked well at Sandown will you be using that at Philip Island.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Paul Gulliver

Brad , Of course your right, But  the faces of those who drove Alister Grigg's 911 at Sandown  looked more like a Pace smile than a Safety smile.
Paul Gulliver
Present

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Neil Choi

Hi there all,

Please find attached the results from AROCA PI sprints 3 July 2010.  If you spot any errors, let me know.

No doubt, it wasn't the most pleasant day for all, especially for the officials and all the drivers who flagged and the two lone Geelong flag marshal, Graeme and Annie who stayed out there all day.

It certainly wasn't a day for record breaking fast laps but maintaining safe laps was the priority.  Nearly all sessions needed a recovery.  Mick Pannell and Gavin Daniels reported doing over 20 recoveries, at one time doing 3 recoveries in one session.  They are now charging per recovery to the drivers rather than a day charge to the club. They would have been very rich men at the end of the day.

Some had tremendous fun out there in the wet, a number of drivers got close to 30 wet laps with Frank Musco doing 34 laps, that is close to 1.5 hr of track time.

Allan Goodall by far was the most skillful driver, achieving the triple, over 6 secs faster than the next driver and in the wet.

Luckily the day was safe for all.

Personally my car came home cleaner than first arriving at PI, as it received a rejuvenating and pampering PI mud cleansing and relaxation bath!!!

Thanks to all the officials, Mick Pannell, Gavin Daniels, Anthony Miller, Peter Aird, Clyde Hay, Greg Savage, Stuart Thomson, Matt Francis, James Gray, Bruce Dench, Lyn Savage, Graeme and Annie (Geelong Flag Marshals), Carlo Leone and Philip Leone, Stephen Aarons, Richard Stanley, John Cumming and a number of check in and administration helpers, thanks so much for making the day happen.  Also thanks to all those scrutineers who just carried out their duties diligently and quietly out at the scrutineering shed.  

I am sure I have missed someone in the thank you list, I apologise.

With much regards and thanks for competing at the AROCA event and making the day as successful as it can be given the conditions.

Neil

Paul Gulliver

QuoteSome had tremendous fun out there in the wet, a number of drivers got close to 30 wet laps with Frank Musco doing 34 laps, that is close to 1.5 hr of track time.

If the circuit had lighting , Frank would still be going around.
Paul Gulliver
Present

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Neil Choi

Crap!!!

PI is looking a lot drier today than for us yesterday.

Paul Gulliver

Neil, your right . The Porsche club is running at PI today and times looked a bit quicker. Also had a look at the BOM site and no rain this morning.
What i meant was if the track had lighting the first thing they would have seen at daybreak was Frank still going around. They would have had to wait for him to run out of petrol before they could start.
Paul Gulliver
Present

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

aggie57

I was there on Friday at a PCV training day.  Fine and clear, albeit cold, until 1pm when I left.  Ran out it fuel........lost track of the laps I did.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Neil Choi

Yep, I checked Natsoft first thing before I posted, not BOM (because it bloody lied about yesterday for us), as I didn't think you can do 1:48's in wet.

Neil

Ray Pignataro

True story  Musco comes in from his sprint session in the pooring  rain asks was that the last run? "No Frank"Quick quick give me a hand. so here I am in the pooring torrential rain holding the funnel while Frank splashes in enough fuel for another run.The question is who is sillier him or me. at least he was having fun

Frank Musco

I absolutely loved it.  Yes, it was cold, it was very wet and it would only stop raining for minutes at a time, but it was lots of fun. The number of 'Offs' became comical, particularly the two MX-5's parking just at the end of MG, one run after the other, and the few during the warm up laps behind the 'SAFETY' car. Obviously Stuart was going too fast for the race cars, in his road car, even though from the pits it looked like you could walk faster.

Yes Gully, I would still be out there, waiting for that dry line or the fuel to run out. Although even if I ran out of fuel I would of jumped in the ute and driven into Cowes for some more.

Thanks to Ray for helping me out, sorry for getting you all wet out there mate, but what I was trying to do was get enough laps out there to hopefully dry the track out. I was actually doing it for you and Jim, because you almost got that track time with no rain after you put the slicks back on. I cant remember how many times I said "It will be dry in 5 minutes", and then it would start raining again. I was trying to be optimistic.

I wasn't the only one having fun, during the last run I got to follow the Black M3, this car was going around the track sideways apart from the front straight, and the sound coming out of it was grouse, if you were there you have no doubt who I'm talking about. I wish I had video of this because I was going as hard as I could and stuck with him for a few laps and was unfreakenbelievable! Does anyone have video of this? I will post some of my video soon.

Both thumbs up to AROCA, another awesome event!

Cheers Musco.