Hi there!

Started by Rocco166, April 20, 2010, 12:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocco166

I've just been introduced to this forum by a fellow Alfisti, spent the best part of my work morning reading all the great posts ;)
I'm a long time Alfa owner but not really a car club person although I am a current member of Rover  and Mercedes clubs in Perth. 
My association with "modern" Alfa's started when I sold my Volvo S90 and wanted something with a bit more passion to drive every day - I found the cure in a 2000 AR 156 Monza Selespeed - Odessa Blue with a Sunroof - it also had sports suspension so it looked pretty shmick and went like the proverbial, eventually I got tired of the selespeed and sold the car to a mate - and within a month of taking it off my hands the gearbox gave up and had to be replaced and then the actuator failed and had to be replaced as well. 
I wanted a "proper" auto so went on the scrounge for a later model 166 that had to have a sunroof and hopefully be Odessa Blue. I found my current car off the internet from a private seller in Sydney, flew over to inspect it, bought it on the spot and then drove back across to Perth with a mate - best trip ever!!  ;D  It's shown the usual AR 166 maladies and had a new heater core and AC motors fittted - but aside from those this is most reliable and comfortable Alfa's I've owned.
My other Alfa, a 1985 90 was bought on impulse after sitting in a shed for several years and has managed to bleed my bank account dry over the past 4 months and is still in the workshop  :'(  the couple of times I have driven it, I have not regretted the re-commissioning of this great car one bit. I am hoping to have it on the road (legally) next month. The car has only had 2 previous owners and has only travelled 73k klms so the interior is near perfect, the exterior is very good, some sunburn on the bootlid and a bit of rust around the plastic numberplate surround.
I don't intend to drive the 90 too much although my mechanic assures me that I will  ;D
I'm looking forward to contributing some AR 90 related posts once mine is back on the road....
2008 Fiat Punto Sport
2002 AR 166 Ti
1985 AR 90 Gold Cloverleaf
1985 Fiat Argenta

previously
1982 Alfa Guilietta
2001 Alfa 156 Monza

dehne

i like the choice of the 90 if you need any parts let me know as i have plenty
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Rocco166

Hi Dehne

thanks  :)  I'd love a decent set of tail lights if you have some - so far all I can find are sun damaged ones like the ones I already have - my mechanic has some NOS items but of course wants big bucks to part with them....
2008 Fiat Punto Sport
2002 AR 166 Ti
1985 AR 90 Gold Cloverleaf
1985 Fiat Argenta

previously
1982 Alfa Guilietta
2001 Alfa 156 Monza