MSCA Winton Sprints on Sunday 18 April

Started by Neil Choi, March 15, 2010, 10:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Just a quick plug for the MSCA Winton Sprints on Sunday 18 April.

Info and entry form on their website.

http://www.msca.net.au/

I would highly encourage Alfa competitors to enter and participate.

For your information, I am attending as a key official.  So I would also like other Alfa officials to come up and help me.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Any Alfa members interested or considering entering?

Would be good to have a few more Alfa members along and keep me company.

Cheers
Neil

Frank Musco

I'll keep you company Neil.

Anyone else, front wheel drive people? please dont leave me alone with rear wheel drive Neil, we'll have nothing to talk about.

Cheers Musco

Ray Pignataro

If you go I will have to go. But you cant talkto me.

Frank Musco

Ohh, really Ray. I still remember the last meeting at Winton like it was yesterday. Looks like its WAR!

Ray Pignataro

providing we dont bring back any casualties from Bathurst.

Frank Musco

Krishnan

I'm pretty keen to get the 105 out for its maiden sprint post restoration so will most likely be heading up.

Neil Choi

Hey there all,

Guys, you all missed a fantastic day at Winton today, Damon and I have a great day.  I was CoC while Damon drove.  Certainly, MSCA, the event and the usual members I knew were fantastic, friendly and very accommodating.  

We were the only Alfa members there, only Alfa car, but Charles Haynes could be considered an Alfa member.

I was pleasant as a CoC but had words with few drivers who wanted to argue with me.

That said, the day ran remarkably smooth and well, much like our days, except for a bunch of break downs which at one stage, three simultaneous recoveries were occurring.  

Had a ball, over 100 entrants, great crew, everyone knew what to do and I even had time to have a toilet break and also had time to take some pics of the racing, except I buggered up my camera settings and managed to blur many shots.

Anyway, Damon came away with a practice and 4 timed runs, very similar to our days.

Thanks to Lindsay Coleman and David Kelly.

So highly recommend attendance next time, but Frank and Ray could have told you that already.

Here are a couple of pictures to prove the fun we had.

Also saw Sam Mazzeo in his Fiat 500 Abarth on the Hume (probably on his way back from Canberra)

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

MSCA April Newsletter attached for your viewing.

I would encourage Alfa members to attend MSCA meetings.

Also I am looking for a member to represent the Alfa club at the MSCA committee meetings, Frank???  Unfortunately I am overburdened with a number of meetings already during the evenings so I can't attend.

Regards
Neil

bonkfrog

Neil

Agreed; a really entertaining day but a little disappointing to see only one Alfa. I thought the recoveries were particularly slow. BTW really enjoyed the tiny motorcycle-engined Honda - not my sort of car, but fun.
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI