Newbie in the NT

Started by DarwinGtv, March 09, 2010, 07:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarwinGtv

Hey all  ;D

New to the website as well as a new owner of an Alfa Romeo GTV.  Being up in the NT i've never seen one around on the road, so if there's anyone up in Darwin who happens too own a GTV it'd be great to ask some questions  :)

JOHN G

Hi DarwinGtv

Welcome to the site.

What year and model Gtv?

I am thinking this one
ALFA ROMEO Gran Turismo Veloce 1750  Vin # AR 1454786  Engine # AR00548B5154    Rego NT Club 44 ?

John

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

DarwinGtv

Hey JOHN
Couldn't tell you all that right now its in a shed on the other side of town, but here is some pics i took the day of picking it up  ;D

Since this day I've got the car running, rebuilt the carbie's, sorted out some attempt at wiring, fitted an electric fuel pump, rebuilt the brake calipers, rust repairs and will hopefully start sanding back this weekend :)

barts

Hey guys,

I'm in the Darwin too, moved from QLD last year.  Not many of us around.

John the car you are referring to is for sale on the WA AROCA web site. I am yet to bump into the owner though.

My car is laying low, as its my track car from QR. You are required to transfer to NT rego on arrival here but that would be a rather onerous prospect so I treat it as if its unregistered. I haven't run it at Hidden Valley but its high on my list of things to do.

I gave away a heap of parts when I moved last but might still be able to help you find things. I have the mechanical ability of a shovel but have been tinkering with Alfas for a bit so let me know how I can help.

Dan

DarwinGtv

Hey Dan

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone up here :)
When i get mine in a better running condition ill be taking it out the the track for some lap sprinting  ;D
Its been down to a motorkhana earlier this year but suffered heating issues so was parked up.

Gtv6

Im new to the forum and im in darwin to! I own a gtv6 which is currently down in adelaide. dont know how it would survive the conditions up here!

DarwinGtv

Quote from: Gtv6 on March 09, 2010, 11:35:39 PM
Im new to the forum and im in darwin to! I own a gtv6 which is currently down in adelaide. dont know how it would survive the conditions up here!

Are you going to be bringing it up to Darwin?

barts

I haven't run my car hard up here yet, but since I removed all the aircon parts and bumper its never had a problem keeping cool. Hasn't helped me much though.

Are you rebuilding for the road, track or a bit of both?

Dan

DarwinGtv

Hey Dan,
The plan is for a road car, but knowing me its gonna be doing bits of track racing :P
Just about all of the families cars have seen the hidden valley raceway :)

barts

I would like to get out to hidden valley but haven't made it yet. I am just trying to get some replacement rear shocks from overseas and then the car will be good for a run or two.

Hope to run in NAMSC street class if I can get myself organised.

Dan