75 parcel shelf removal help

Started by f1worldchamp, February 26, 2010, 02:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f1worldchamp

Hi all
Having some trouble with the parcel shelf in the 75. I want to remove it it fit some new rear speakers, but I can't figure how (or if) it can be removed. Any ideas?
Thanks
Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians

dehne

im pretty sure you need to pull back seat out, then there are a few clips
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

david sammartino

1. pull the bottom part of the seat out. this is done simply by pulling it up, there is 2 clips on each side of the front of the seat. you may have to pull hard but it will come out, and try not to brake the clips, gentle but hard if it maes any sense lol

2. remove the top part of the seat. there are three phillips head screws, one on each side an one in the centre.remove these and then simply pull the lower part towards you a little and pull up. there are 2 clips at the top that fit into the parcel shelf, one on each side.

3. once the seat is out there should be 2 self tappers holding te front of the shelf in, remove these.

4. a little bit tricky with the child seat restraints, i manage to leave them in and slightly flex the shelf over them and pull it towards you. the one in the centre shouldnt be a problem, the 2 outer ones you will need to remove the plastic covers, pretty easy just unscrew the plastic bolt and remove the covers, you may even be able to do this by hand.

5.open the boot and look underneath the parcel shelf, you should see a 10mm nut under each speaker, remove these.

6. the parcel shelf should slide out pulling towards youself but you may have to use a little strength, dont worry it wont break as its pretty flexible.

hopefully i didnt miss anything but youl figure it out easy enough once you get the seats out if i did ayway. just remember it is secured from the boot also and that it goes back in the sameprocess, just slides straight back in. note that you will only fit 5 and a quarter inch speakers in the factory space and that to remove the speaker covers you simply pull up on the outer side of the cover facing the external of the car. be gentle here as they do break.
also forgot to mention depending on what model you have you may have to disconnect the brake light but its easy enough and youl get that pretty quick. just a wire, the light stays as part of the shelf. id say a half hour job for a beginner and a 5-10 min job for me lol
let me know if you have any problems and ill be glad to help. ive done this job many a time.

f1worldchamp

Thanks heaps Dave, awesome info.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians