1979 Alfetta GTV 2.0 ltr.

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, January 31, 2007, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

1979 Alfetta GTV 2.0 ltr. An unbelievable head turner set in Ferrari red. Comes with a bullet proof race motor, featuring 11.5:1 forged pistons, race cams/valves, lightened flywheel, extractors etc, rebuilt and opened up 40mm Delortos. Oct 2006 saw the alternator, starter motor and cooling system rebuilt along with new hand made rings and comp bearings fitted. All work done by Mauceri Motors (cost >7k to build a motor like this) and since rebuild motor has competed in 6 hour and Historic Sandown only.
Fitted with two race seats with current date harnesses this car only needs a cage and kill switch for Sc log book. Superlite rims and Yokahama R tyres make this car one of the sweetest looking GTVs in the club. Body is straight with only one small rust patch in door and the 6 y.o. paint work is excellent. I have entered and paid for Historic PI regularity in March 9-11 ($450) and will transfer the entry to the new owner of this fantastic little car.

Registered on club plates and happy to provide a RWC.

This car will be sold to the highest offer on Feb 20th as I am moving to New York on the 24th – it must GO to a new home.

To view, call Colin on 0407 045159 or colin.goundrey@gmail.com

alfagtv58

What a shame you are selling this Colin....will you be at the club night this month? I would love to hear about NY.

Whoever picks up this car will be getting an absolute gem!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

Yes, definitely a good car and an awesome platform for an Sc car or take up Colin's entry and join me in regularity class @ Phillip Island Historics in March in the sister GTV. :'(
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Colin, Damn shame - was looking forward to seeing you at PI, but I guess it is a golden opportunity for someone to shortcut the Grp S build process - why don't you put it on ebay?
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Scott Farquharson

PS Good luck in New York - what will you be doing there?  I lived a year and a half in Dallas and spent a fair bit of time in NY.  It was a hoot.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Colin Goundrey

My wife Deb got a role as US Director for Invest Australia (promotes Au as a destination for US financial services).
I'm going to start a wine importation company and a chain of wines stores exclusive to Au wines. Oh, and be the AROCA Vic - NY correspondent...

Scott Farquharson

As you probably know they love Australian's and the wine as well.  Good luck.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Colin Goundrey

Sale date for my GTV will change to this Saturday Feb 17th. I have a guy travelling from Sydney this weekend to view so I need to be fair to him.

Fast Eddie

On behalf of Colin cos his computer is probably packed up as they leave for NY on sunday - SOLD!
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Mike

yes....to me :-)

Just spent today tidying it up for the roadworthy.  Anyway, I'm Mike and I hop0e to be entering the car in Sc / Hillclimbs (Rob Roy) and other motorkhana type bits and pieces.  I've been out of Alfas for a couple of years now and was getting the itch.  I also have a fiat 124bc...can't help myself!
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb