WILL THESE WHEELS FIT MY ALFA

Started by ALFA156DALE, January 15, 2010, 08:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALFA156DALE

Hi Guys,
           I was wondering if anyone out there has fitted 18'' wheels to their 156?
I have a 1999 156 V6 and would like to know whether 18'' X 8'' oz racing wheels
would fit to my alfa? If they won't fit does anyone know of any other car brand
wheels that would fit my alfa.

Thanks
Dale Moore.
-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

JOHN G

They should fit.

The pcd is 5 x 98 the offset is 35 - 42 and the bore 58.1

John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

ALFA156DALE

Do you think i would need to roll the guards? I might also lower it depending on
how the wheels look, Would this be recommended if so how much should i lower
it.

Thanks
Dale
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

shiny_car

so long as the offset is appropriate, you shouldn't need to roll the guards. it will also depend upon what size tyres you fit.

i had 18x7.5" wheels with 225/40 tyres on my TS 156. also lowered on Eibach Pro Kit springs. the only times the tyres rubbed slightly/occasionally on the wheel arch trims was with 3 rear passengers in the back, and turning up into a steep driveway with the fronts at near-full lock. for normal driving, no issues at all. IIRC, my offset was +38mm.

OZ wheels are very nice quality. but i think they only do 5x100mm bolt patterns. in which case you will need to use 'wobbly bolts'. not a big issue, but not that cheap ($8~10 per bolt, so it adds up when you need 20).

centre bore will probably be 75mm diameter, so you'll need appropriate spiggot/centre bore rings/spacers. though i've had trouble finding the exact versions for my 17" OZ wheels on my 155. so i'm using 73-58mm rings, and some ingenuity to secure them.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

ALFA156DALE

Thanks for all that info, can anyone tell me any brands of wheels that will fit my alfa? and any car brand wheels (EG: BMW) which may fit my alfa. Sorry guys for saying those 3 letters on this forum (BMW) :P
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

shiny_car

the only other marque that might fit is Fiat. but they are hardly plentiful in Oz.

some brands of aftermarket wheels are brought into Australia as 'blanks'; that is, no bolt holes drilled. they can then be drilled 'to spec' for the customer. though most brands are pre-drilled, and few have 5x98mm PCD.

you can fit 5x100 wheels using 'wobbly bolts'. these have a loose fitting washer that provides 'slop', so that these wheels can be bolted to your 5x98 Alfa.

when i've bought non-Alfa wheels in the past, it's always been a matter of visiting a trusted wheel retailer, checking out catalogues, and checking online websites. then research what wheels are either 5x98 or 5x100.

some Lenso and GMAX wheels are 5x98 from memory. but brands like Oz Racing, Enkei, and BBS are mostly 5x100 (some BBS are 5x98).

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

John Hanslow

One of the club sponsors is well versed in wheels and tyres due to their expertise and long involvement in racing with Dunlop Motorsport.

Stuckey Tyre Service
9386 5331 Brunswick
"For the best tyres, road or race"
www.stuckey.com.au

Try giving them a call and make some inquiries.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

ALFA156DALE

I have just bought the wheels off ebay they were listed as BMW >:( 328i wheels and i paid $440 plus $100 postage from queensland to south west victoria. I rang up the guy who had them for sale he said all the tyres are roadworthy as well. I think i have got a good deal as long as they fit to alfa  ::) if they do i will be happy if not, I still got a cheap set of tyres for my mate that lives around the corner for his one of his maserati's. I hope they fit will talk soon.

Dale ;)
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

ALFA156DALE

Received the wheels today, Bad news they don't fit :'( . arr well they fit a commonwore so they should be pretty easy to get rid of, or if any one would like to buy them off me?
PRICE: $540.

Thanks
Dale
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202