good alfasud mechanic in sydney? and/or a 33 engine and gearbox..?

Started by sydneysud, January 03, 2010, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sydneysud

Hi,
My 1976 alfasud L is in need of an engine reconditioning, so if anyone can recommend someone who isn't too expensive and knows what they're doing?? any ideas would be appreciated..
i'm also considering getting a 33 engine and gearbox to throw in, and have the original 1.2 litre engine done at a later stage, if anyone knows of a 33 motor kicking around?

thanks.

lombardi

Try pit stop motors in ashfield,i think its liverpool road off parramatta rd.rgrds
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Sportscar Nut

Hi

Should not be hard to find a secondhand motor from a 33 and would highly recommend a twin carb (1.7 lt even better). A proper rebuild will cost big dollars pending motor condition but oversize factory pistons & rings are readily available (let me know if you need assistance locating).

Will keep the eye open for a motor but have previously sold good twin carb 1.5 lt motors for $200. Don't know the Sydney wreckers but would suggest that Milano/ Monza Motors/ Italian Job in Melbourne may have s/h motors.

Re your gearbox, be careful changing as gear ratios are very different in Sud's/ 33's and make sure the you match the gearing to your motor.

All the best with the Sud motoring!

Regards
Paul

75TS

Hi, give Steve Downie a call (search Downie & Downie - brookvale in yelow pages), he's on the northern beaches & you wont find someone better for suds. I can help you to find a good used engine as rebuilding will cost more than an excellent used sud, unless you really are attached to the sud or want to keep it original (or have funds). Send me a PM if you need a hand.

Southern75

Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

sudsti

hi sydney sud i know suds inside out i know your car very clean u can contact me alfasudti@live.com thank u & good luck with your sud

tony8028

a bit late on this topic, but i'd put Andrew at Alfamotive in Sydenham up there with anyone for his knowledge on these cars. Great bloke....great service. I have only ever taken my Alfas to him.
(past cars)
1988 Alfa 33 ti
1990 Alfa 33 ie
1992 Alfa 75 TS
1988 Alfa 75 TS
1990 Alfa 164
Currently driving 2004 147 Manual