Fuel Injection warning light

Started by bubbie, December 31, 2009, 02:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbie

Hello everyone,   I am new to this site so first of all 'Happy New Year' and hello to you all.
I do hope someone can help me with an answer to this problem.    I have a 2001 Alfa selespeed Sportswagon and I live on a mountain not far out of Brisbane.    I am finding that the fuel injection warning light comes on quite often when I am driving and the car will suddenly lose a lot of power.    If I pull over and turn the engine off and then restart and take off again the warning light will go out and I am back to full power again.   (this doesn't always work).   Sometimes I drive home with my fingers crossed that I am going to get there.  I am not very mechanically minded and am not sure what to do or who to go to with this problem.    Would it be that there is a small amount of gunk in the fuel that temporarily blocks the line or would it be something to do with the computer?     Does anyone know of someone in Brisbane who I could take the car to without them charging me an arm and a leg.

Many thanks and do hope that someone has an answer........bubbie