A hoon and his Q2

Started by vicw, September 06, 2009, 01:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicw

I've only just had my Q2 diff fitted and it poured rain the other day so I ventured out to see what I could find about how this little baby would perform. My oh my. There is NO way that anyone could take a powerful front wheel drive car fitted with this and push it to the limit in the wet on public roads without either being totally naive, a lunatic, having some kind of deathwish, balls the  size of rock melons, or a combination of all four. It made the car handle like it was on rails even in the wet, but a voice in the back of my mind  was nagging... "Remember this car is still a front wheel drive".  I guess on a racetrack with plenty of overun you could start pushing to the limit. On public roads... FORGET IT.

Just for kicks I floored it from a stop and it was amusing how with the combination of ASR and the Q2, the power would jump from wheel to wheel with the result that the car wouldn't move forward at all.  ;D  Of course this is a silly thing to do and not something you would normally try. :D

Overall the Q2 is the best thing since sliced bread for front wheel drive cars with plenty of power. :) I love it.

Vic
VicW - Alfa GT 3.2L Coupe '06

Click here for an easy and free way to help care for those in need at The Animal Rescue Site

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/