Alfetta for sale

Started by Joey, September 03, 2009, 10:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that its best for me to try to sell on this Alfetta and put the money towards something a bit more rewarding to restore.
If anyone would like to make a offer on the hole car they are welcome to.
Your also welcome to make offers on parts your interested in.
So I will give you all a basic run down of the car.
Interior instrument cluster is in fair condition for the age and all the gauges appear to be working.
The seats are worth next to nothing and are in terrible condition but if you wanted to get them re furbished your welcome to make a offer.
Carpets are only good for a pattern so if you wanted them you could get them out yourself!
The front power windows are working but very slowly the rears are not and I have not yet had a look at them to try and sort out the problem but I will post back here when I know.
The engine is running very well, blows no smoke at all and doesn't appear to be using any oil. It is fitted with twin Delorto carburetors. I was told when I bought the car that the head was re done and fitted with mild cam shafts (I can not guarantee that this) it does sound like it has had some work done though (he gave me the original head with it which appears to not be in bad shape either the cams look to be in very good condition).   Cooling system seems to be working well with no rust in the fluid. It has some exhaust work done 2" system straight through (loud but not deafening) which is near new.
Gearbox seems like the thrust bearing is gone, as soon as you put the clutch in there is a wining noise which is constant unless your out of gear with your foot not off the clutch. All the gears work well and it doesn't have issues going into any of them (needs a double clutch into second). The suspension has been lowered ridiculously (and un evenly) by the previous owner but appears that it is all intact.
The breaks work well with no leaks or any such issues.
The body itself is repairable with some rust behind the rear window sill a patch about 40mm long along with the bonnet being virtually un salvageable and the front drivers side door has a small patch of rust to.
Due to a cheap repair job the front bonnet and guards don't match the colour of the rest of the car. Some rust in the boot but only surface.
All four tires are about 50% tread although the wheels are in need of a good refurbish.
As you can probably gather I am very much a rooky with these cars but I have tried my hardest to explain its condition accurately.
http://www.facebook.com/samantha.e.stelzer?v=feed&story_fbid=149224369879#/album.php?aid=148458&id=531293848
If there is anything your interested in please give me a ring on 0447161312.
Joey.