Hello from Brizzy!

Started by ForzaSab, July 13, 2009, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForzaSab

After looking around since the end of last year i finally bit the bullet and made what i think is a pretty good deal on a new addition to our family.
I initially was looking at the Alfa Romeo 166 but after looking at insurance costs and our current situation of pretty much a one salary family i decided it wasnt the sensible option.
So i started looking at some 147's and 156's amongst other euro origin cars.
I then came across this 2004 156 2.0 JTS Ti Selespeed sedan on the market for $16000.
After having a look at it i found out that it wasnt to be sold without the plates AND that the company that the owner worked for was relocating to Singapore.
Hhhhmmmm i had him by the balls!  ;) i told him the paperwork he had to do to cancel the rego and what i had to do to get it rego'd yesterday whilst working a 10 hour day was more than it was worth! I also said whats on the plates isnt of any concern just that they were rego plates, perhaps if had let on that I was a huge Elvis fan he would've had me by the balls ehh! lmao
He had no time as he had other things he had to finalize so we made a deal at $15300
After looking around i new i was getting it at a very good price, some other cars with a tad more km's or much more were going for $19-$22k!!!! and when i sorted out the insurance the operator asked me how much i got it for and then later asked if i wanted agreed or market value, i opted for market value and then there was silence from the other end! i thought is he still there? He then made his presence known again by confirming the fact that i got myself a good deal and that the market price was set at $25k!!

LOL having said that its amazing how life always finds a way of balancing out, since i got it 3 months today i have had 2 coils go on me, the first one i was charged $750 odd at Euromarque in Newstead, the 2nd i found a guy that fitted it in 5 minutes and only charged me for the part $340 odd.

ForzaSab

MMMMMMM replying to my own thread!

FYI some of my comments were tongue in cheek. :P

Cheers for the welcome? ::)

Barry Edmunds

Welcome to the 156 family. Don't want to put a damper on your new addition but make sure you have the car's service history checked and keep any eye on the Selespeed trasnmsiion and the belts. If the belts have not been changed at required intervals get them done sooner rather than later. Don't put this job off as it can be expensive. Also keep regular check on engine oil levels.
Other than that you should have a whole lot of fun with the car.
If you are not already a member of the Club in Qld, get in touch and join them for even more fun.
Cheers
from down south