Problem - GTV6 1985

Started by Red Devil GTV6, May 10, 2009, 08:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil GTV6

Hi all,

Have just realised down the left side only of my GTV6 1985, the indicators, front lights and break lights don't work, However when the lights are switched on it only iluminates the font paking light and rear light. All of the right sided works fine.

Bulbs are all fine.

Any suggestions? Indicator stalk or wiring???

Cheers

Mat Francis

First things first. i know very little about electricals, let alone GTV6's.

However, first thing i would check is the fuse (s). very easy to check and given that the stalk is working fine for low beam on the right side but not the left, i would doubt the stalk is the cause of the problem.

'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

alfagtv152

Stick to the simple things a bit longer and check out the all important earths and then the globes after you have checked the fuses.It is always good to pull all the globes out and inspect/replace them and give all the lamp holders a bit of CRC.
See how you go!
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

Al Campbell

The GTV6 tends to have each sides lights on common circuits front & back. Check the fuses Including No. 4, it covers stop lights & indicators. Though I think if No 4 is gone, you will lose both sides indicators.

Common earth on the rear lights, so if that's it you'd lose both sides on the rear.

Given your description, I'm guessing its fuse(s) or (gulp) column switch.

Do you have a wiring diagram for your car?

AL.

Sheldon McIntosh

Photos will help, and/or slightly more detailed descriptions. 

You'll find there are many people on the forum who will give you lots of help, but they need to know as much information as possible.  You're not making it very clear (or maybe it's just me) what exactly you've done, in what order, what's caused what etc.

I'd like to help, I had issues with my GTV electrics once as well, but I've got no idea what you're up to.

Just some constructive criticism, hope it helps.

dehne

if you put ur high beam on does theindicators work/ hold on i have this prob with my 90 but im happys its the race car
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Simon Aarons

I think it could be time to take your car to your mechanic or to an Auto Electrician......
1986 GTV6 3.0L