For sale – brand new Alfasud headlight *** SOLD ***

Started by L4OMEO, April 13, 2009, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L4OMEO

Alfasud headlight for sale, not 100% sure which model it's off – I bought it for my 1984 TiQ then never installed it, so it should fit a Series III model. It's the dip/sidelight unit rather than the main beam and has the following codes on the box & light itself:
LHLAI05
MOD363
SIEM11931
SIEM8350
Asking $75, can arrange freight if required at buyers cost. If it doesn't look brand new in the pics, blame my photography.
2002 156 GTA

L4OMEO

2002 156 GTA

Sportscar Nut

Can you provide a contact number for me to give you a call?

Thanks
Paul

L4OMEO

Hi Paul

Call me anytime on 0438 556414. Or give me a ride in your Esprit and the light's yours.

Rory
2002 156 GTA

Sportscar Nut

Thanks Rory

Will call you tomorrow. Your welcome to come for a drive in the 'Beast' if in Melb and enjoy the boost experience!

Regards
Paul

Sheldon McIntosh

Which car is the daily driver? ???

Love those Esprits.  Once drove one with very big turbos, apparently had over 400bhp.  Man that was scary.

Sportscar Nut

Rory

Have tried calling a few times but response is 'number you have called is not available from this service' (??).

Can you give me a call when convenient; number is 0417 800 918.

Have to appreciate anyone who owned 12 Suds.

Thanks
Paul

PS Esprit is certainly not 400 hp but at around 280hp and 0-100Km's in 4.6 sec is certainly great fun but license losing material! Daily driver is my other halfs Ford Laser (boring crap but drive into town daily) but costs nothing to run. 1.7L Sud is technically my daily driver but after a few 'show n' shines and 17 years of love, try to keep KM's to just enjoyment.

Long live the Sud!

L4OMEO

Not sure what's up with my phone but sorted in the end. Light is packaged up & will be on its way today.

Now, are you going to fess up and confirm that it's actually for your Esprit? Lotus did have something of a parts-bim approach back then, did this include Alfasud headlights?  ;) I remember the original Esprit having door handles off the Morris Marina so it could be worse ...

Yeah 12 Suds is probably a little excessive. Biggest regret was not finishing the last one - a ground-up racecar project intended to have a 1.7 16V motor, painted in the same scheme as the original Jim Richards/Mark Skaife Nisaan 'Godzilla' R32 GT-R (but in Italian red/white/green rather than red/white/blue), and the number-plate 'SUDZLA'. I sold the rolling shell to one of the NZ Alfasud Trofeo competitors, it's still competing but was never finished to how I had planned it & looks pretty rough these days. Maybe something to revisit sometime ...

Cheers!
Rory
2002 156 GTA

Sportscar Nut

Thanks Rory.

Look forward to receiving the light and will now have four brand new Siem lights to fit (to the Sud and not the Esprit)!

Agree that the Esprit's were a parts bin car as a lot of components on mine is GM as they owned Lotus in the early/ mid 1990's. Worst feature on the Esprit is the rear tail lights as if you look closely, can read Toyota (ouch!).

All the best.

Paul