Hi, New member from Cairns,

Started by DAVE_PRO_TUNING, September 07, 2023, 06:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAVE_PRO_TUNING

Hi everyone,
i have managed to find this forum while trying to source a part for my little 147.
So firstly, i wanted to say hi to everyone,  my name is Dave and i live up in Cairns.
I have just managed to become the owner of a 2003 Alfa 147 3-door hatch with 2.0 TS and fitted with the Selespeed transmission.
So i have read lots of stories over the last 2 weeks regarding their good and bad points.
To be honest, i can deal with the bad points, as from what i have read, they don't seem to be overly complicated to fix, it just seems that these little gems can end up with several issues at the time leaving you somewhat overwhelmed i guess.
I have been a mechanic for 40 years so, i guess i am somewhat of a veteran as far as mechanical work and i also have vast experience with electronics and electronic fuel injection systems, spending close to 30 years installing and tuning aftermarket stand-alone efi systems and tuning them on the dyno. Therefore nothing i have read so far has really frightened me away as yet.
I have come across my first issue that i am hoping for hopely some input from someone on here that maybe able to offer me some help if that's ok.
The first issue i had with the 147 is that it had been sitting for a couple of years and the previous owner put fuel conditioner in the tank as it wasn't going to be used for awhile.
However, sadly he did not start and run the car at all so the conditioner turned what fuel was in the tank to what could only be classed as a close relation to thick sludge.
So i had a friend of mine remove the fuel tank as i am suffering from bad health,
When he removed the fuel tank for cleaning unfortunately he missed disconnecting the fuel supply line to the fuel pump sender assembly.
So the 90-degree plastic fuel fitting snapped at the pump outlet.
So i have been trying to source one of these fittings, i have fitted a straight fitting in it's place for now but i can not shut the rear seats down as the fuel line faces straight up.
Does anybody here know of where i may be able to purchase this part from or know if they are still available from Alfa?
I have tried a couple of wreckers without any luck,
I have also noticed that the exact same 90-degree fitting is used in the engine bay also.
It is situated very close to the number one cylinder intake runner near the power steering reservoir, it is right beside the blue exhaust (sync) cam sensor connector and has the same black plastic hose as the fuel line.
I see there are a huge assortment of them on EBAY, but i am not a fan of buying items like this from EBAY as i normally end up with 10 of the wrong ones.
If anyone on here could kindly point me in the right direction i sure would appreciate it.
Very sorry about the extremely long message but i like to be thorough with my explanations etc.
I look forward to reading and learning about this little car and i am sure i will be learning plenty from you all.
I already have a Selespeed issue to deal with, so i have ordered myself the 4 OBD2 port cable kit and I just have to purchase the software for my laptop and hopefully, i will be into it and cursing at it in no time.
Anyway, if anyone maybe able to assist with where i may be able to source the fuel line to pump connector, i would really appreciate it.
I have contacted a couple of EFI parts suppliers but had no luck as yet.
Have a great day,
Regards
Dave.