F.S. '77 GTV shell ideally suited to build a Group S Racer

Started by redalfaracing, January 24, 2009, 08:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redalfaracing

I have a '77 bare shell, new sills, mostly rust free ,seam welded ready to cage plus a couple of 2L GTV's for all the bits you need to get it going. I want to give forum members first dibs then if it doesn't sell i'll put it on EBAY. Come and have a look, make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. Lots of doors, rear hatches, bonnets, gearboxes, engines etc take as much or as little as you want. email me redalfaracing@gmail.com
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

redalfaracing

in response to requests, here are some pics of the shell. sorry it's sorta crammed in under the house so i can't get good shots of all angles. hope these help
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

redalfaracing

This GTV body is still for sale. I need the space it is taking up. shell with 2 doors, bonnet and rear hatch and bumpers, $500.

Lots of other early 2L gtv parts by negotiation.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

redalfaracing

last chance, if you are interested you need to talk to me b4 this Saturday. Monday if not sold i am cutting the shell up into replacement panels for my GTV6 ( i am bound to bend it some day). I figure if i go to a wreckers a guard and a door will set me back more than the asking price.

I have a $20,000 camper sitting out in the rain slowly decomposing. Need the space this shell is taking up.

redalfaracing@gmail.com or if you want to ring  0429382368
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Davidm1600

Hi Greg,

I can appreciate your need for space, and regrettably I don't require an early Alfetta GTV shell, but I have to say it would be seriously a pity if you were to cut up a perfectly good shell, simply on the basis for providing spare panels for your GTV6 Rally car, which you may require at some stage in the future.

I say this on the basis that not only may some group S guy might at some stage require a good shell, to re-shell their seriously bent car, but as well on the basis of experience recently of a friend of mine who crashed and bent his 2L GTV in Targa Wrest Point.  He luckily managed to find a spare shell down here in Tassie so that he could rebuild (re-shell) his classic rally car for future events. 

I can imagine he would have been extremely keen to have acquired your shell if he hadn't been able to find one locally. Now he is not the only person using Alfetta GTVs in classic rallying and so hence I am sure there is similarly likely to be another person out there who too might in future have a need for such a shell.

My point being, if you must get rid of it, and don't have the space, why not offer it to someone like Milano Spares, or even perhaps see if some club member has a shed in which it could be stored complete.  I think it has far more value being kept complete, than simply a box of spare panels.  Just a thought.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

redalfaracing

Quote from: Davidm1750 on March 30, 2010, 08:39:41 AM
My point being, if you must get rid of it, and don't have the space, why not offer it to someone like Milano Spares, or even perhaps see if some club member has a shed in which it could be stored complete.  I think it has far more value being kept complete, than simply a box of spare panels.  Just a thought.  Dave

Dave, i agree with you. I don't want to cut it up. But, it has been advertised on this forum for well over a year now. Obviously no one wants it. Or should i say, no one wants to pay money to have it. I bought it some 7 years ago for $1500 and have spent quite a few hrs working on it. I was going to use it to build up my V6 rally car until some esteemed person on this forum said it was worth much more than i would have to pay for a GTV6 body. Best offer i could find on a GTV6 body was in Sydney... no bonnet no bumpers no engine $1500. I ended up paying much more than that for the car i now have but it was complete. Basically something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.     ZIP
it weighs about 200 kgs so scrap value is $40, as panels i guess about $250 a panel. That is what i have been quoted over the years for guards and bonnets etc. I have never paid that as i have always found a wreck somewhere that has what i want for $100 or so. As for offering it to Milano Spares, I am offering it to anyone that wants to have it. I bet you $1000 that all the places that deal in Alfa parts peruse this forum regularly, at least once a year.

So i don't want to cut it up, but it has to go. If i sell it for $500 i am doing $1000 on it. If i don't sell it i am doing $20000 on a camper.

My advice to all those Alfa guys out there with a spare garage is buy this and store it till someone wants it. Then turn it over and make the $1000 i lost.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Rigi

Can you tell me what state you live in?
I'm very keen!!
Current
2010 GT 3.2 100 year Anniversary
1977 Alfetta GTV - Grp s
1974 GTV105 Resto (wip)
1977 Alfetta GTV Normal Roadie on Historics

Past
1980 Alfetta sedan('prettyboy')
1986 Alfetta GTV6GP
1985 Alfetta GTV6
1984 Alfetta GTV
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1978 Alfetta Sed

redalfaracing

Richard, 50 k's se of Melbourne. Happy to talk with you.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

deadeye263

Howdy. If this wasn't taken i'd be very interested.
I have a GTV6 with a terminal case of rust, but the rest of the car is good (Starts first turn) and looks like this would be a good shell to transfer my gear into.
-Anthony

redalfaracing

Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC