WANTED Alfa Montreal

Started by bgbiteme, December 24, 2008, 10:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgbiteme

I've always dreamed of owning a Montreal and now ready to realise the dream.  I'm after an Australian delivered vehicle, must be completely rust-free and original, and well looked after.  Will travel anywhere to inspect the right vehicle.

E-mail Brendon at brendon@burnet.edu.au or call 0402 618 054

shane wescott

Lucky you :-)

I too have a hankering for one but not just yet. I know a guy who recently brought a nsw rusty hulk back to Melb. I believe he sold it for around $8K :-(

Glad he didnt offer it to me as I would have had another rusty project car in the backyard :-)

The ones I have seen around that are good when you can get them are asking somewhere between $30 - $45 K. Not sure if anyone is buying them at that price but that is what has been around  in the last 18 months or so.

Good luck and if you do get one we would love to see it on EMR's and display days- nothing like the sound of an Alfa V8 :-)

Catch ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

1750GT

Spot on Shane, and more toward the 45K mark and this has not been for exceptional vehicles. Like you Brendon and Shane there a number of us, me included who would like to have one in our garage at some stage. Alhtough I love my 1750GT, a Montreal big brother would finish off the picture nicely.

The trouble with the Montreals is the limited numbers that came in and I would have thought that the likelyhood of an Australian delivered vehicle in top shape rather than a UK or South African import are also getting limited. The issue with this vehicle is also parts, which are limited and must invariably be imported from the UK, which for an enthusiast with money and patience is not a problem. The other issue is getting one that has been properly maintained, the systems and drive train on these vehicles are quite intricate and have not been repeated in any later Alfa vehicles, so getting one which has been maintained badly will produce plenty of lost and grey hairs.

Ah but this will all be overcome when you see her in the garage and start up that wonderful V8. Happy hunting, we would love to see the pic's when you find your dream car. Although it may not help you find one there is a dedicated website for montreals which is run by a privateer at www.alfamontreal.info. This site includes all sorts of stuff including forums, pics, manuals etc. and who knows someone willing to part with theirs?

1750GT

shane wescott

Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

1750GT

Brendon, you may wish to visit the thread below. Its an add for a Montreal for sale, which looks pretty reasonable for the price and condition and it's apparently an Aussie delivered vehicle in RHD.

http://digiads.com.au/carsales/used-cars/USED-1974-ALFA-ROMEO-MONTREAL-COUPE-CAR-FOR-SALE-KESWICK-SA-5035.htm#adPhotoTop

1750GT

bgbiteme

Thanks guys.

A nice gold one recently sold for $28K in NSW, and I think the white one for $35K in SA sold a while ago.

Still on the lookout but it may take a few years.

massiveluvbuddy67

Correct the white one sold three years ago and is now back in Victoria. I was the previous owner till 2005 and the car was very original and very straight. A good runner.

AGM155