Lucky i have a lot of Alfettas

Started by Mat Francis, October 12, 2008, 09:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

After a minor disagreement with the armco at Sandown, just before Dandenong road, i'm once again very grateful to people for the abundance of spares i seem to have acquired. while obviously no crash is going to be good, i'm very happy to walk out of the car and have it salvagable considering i would of been doing close on 150 when it started to go. hopefully back into one piece in time for phillip island! 
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Sheldon McIntosh

Ouch.  Bad luck buddy.  It's gonna happen some time, that's why our track cars are "expendable" I guess (some more than others).

Glad to hear you're okay though and raring to get back in the saddle. 

Scott Farquharson

Never mind Mat, good to get the bingle out of the way and safely....and yes you do have a lot of Alfetta's...
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Mat Francis

Quotethat's why our track cars are "expendable"

unfortunately this is the road car, otherwise i'd probably have a crack at straightening it myself! The good news however is that it is at the panel beaters as we speak, and should make a full recovery.

I think Phillip island will be the last track blast this car sees, it gets extremely floaty in the rear end at high speeds, needless to say it needs considerable work. But, by the time PI's over and done with, the "track b*tch" should be nearing completion anyway. yes, i've said that a few times before...
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Mat Francis on October 13, 2008, 09:13:29 PM
unfortunately this is the road car, otherwise i'd probably have a crack at straightening it myself!

Ha.  This brings back memories of "straightening" my car after I crashed at Sandown.  Amazing what a concrete pillar and a bottle jack can do!  The headlights kind of face in the same direction.... ::)

Luke

Bad luck, Mat  :(

Ah well, sounds like it could've been a lot worse. Good luck getting the track rat sorted, and this one back on the road  8)

Mat Francis

slowly, very slowly, but surely it lives.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hey Mat,

Rotten luck.  I am glad to see the White Devil looks close to being back on the road again.

Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Mat Francis

Thanks all for your support during this difficult time  :P

Got the car back yesterday. Haven't stopped smiling since, and done over 100k's since, just coz i can  ;D

As you can see not quite finished yet, but close enough for now. When i get a spare day or so i will compensate for the square headlights by removing the bumpers. And at the bottom there, the best of all. It speaks for itself.

Notice the level of grip indicated by the unbelievable lack of body roll!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

alfagtv58

Glad to see it back on the road Matt.  Just in time for you to be giving your mate James a lift everywhere  ;)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Paul Gulliver

Mat

Just looking at the last photo "Spin". I looks like the instructor's helmut is canked towards you . Is he asking the question "What the F#### are you doing" or "what do you plan on doing  next".
Hope you make in to P I in December.

Paul
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Mat Francis

it's a bit hard to see in this photo, but yes you're right Paul, both Trent and i are looking out the drivers side window, thinking something along the lines of "F****** me that wall's coming up quick." His reaction to me almost killing him was impressively good. Probably annoyed that i spun it in the first place, but was very calm and informative afterwards.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie