Cv bolts

Started by Southern75, September 24, 2008, 10:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern75

Does anyone know an establishment where i can buy new cv bolts (socket head cap screws) for my sud ... (well 33 ones as my sud has outboard brakes)

They are m8 x 50mm with a 1.0 thread pitch and it is the latter is what is causing the problem.

I can buy them but i have to buy 100 of them and i feel that as i only need 12 maybe another 12 for my other sud.

A: Has anyone bought any, if so where from?

B: does anyone else need any that being the case i will buy 100 and sell them off to you
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

jimnielsen

they are not the sort of thing that you can buy at a local hardware store, but EVEY proper bolt shop has these bolts.
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Southern75

Thanks for your help Jim but the truth is no it isn't.

I did half of a fitting and turning apprenticeship and i know heaps of bolt places and they can get them but the don't want much to do with any less than say 150 of them.

I will never buy bolts from a hardware store unless it is for something like making a bench in the gargage but fastener people can be just as dodgey (oh yes i work for one of them too) and i too can buy them through work but not in small quantities.

That i find is a prob with Alfas they love their fine threads but anything m8 fine tends to be problematic

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)

jimnielsen

'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Thmpar

Bolts and fastners here in bendigo do have them we brought a box of them for our sud can never have enough of them spare

Southern75

Is the bendigo place ok as most people in sydney aren't interested unless you buy a box worth

Yeah i ended up getting a box through work but i didn't really want to do it.

Does anybody need any? they are the 50mm ones from 33 cv's not the 60mm ones from the sud.

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)

Thmpar

Hey matthew i'll drop in and see them and sort out that ill get them and post to you if you like, if it makes life bit easier

Southern75

Nah i have some comming but i think i will have to get some for my v6 and perhaps the longer ones for my other sud ... maybe i should make it outboard brakes too

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)