Remote key cutting service for 2005 AR 156 JTS – Sydney Area

Started by bonno, December 18, 2017, 03:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonno

Hi Alfisti

HELP
I am after a contact number for a company that is able to come out and carry out this service (mobile).  Have made enquiries with local AR dealer and advise that this will take some time as they need to get the key supplied from Italy (need the car running prior to Christmas).

Please message or e-mail me with details Thanking You in Advance
bonno

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroënbender

Joseph Wainwright from Narrabeen can clone a key. I've used and can recommend him.

If you need a remote coding in and have the secure code, I can possibly help Thursday if the professanals are all booked up.

bonno

Bazz
Have the original flip key that was supplied when I bought the car, but looking to have a remote key as well (spare). I should have known better when I purchased the car, but the purchase price was too good to refuse. I do not want to get caught out  loss/damage the original key, as this will be a costly and unhappy experience.
cheers
bonno

bonno

Thanks Citroenbender, will keep him in mind, but trying to locate someone closer to Liverpool area. The intention is for the locksmith to provide full service, ie; key cut and coding to operate doors and boot, as well as to start the car.

bazzbazz

Ok, one little snag, you need the CENTRAL LOCKING CODE for the 156 series car. If it didn't come with the car you need to get it from an Alfa Romeo Service Centre, they will need your Vin and proof of ownership.

And be VERY AWARE - THIS IS A DIFFERENT CODE THAN THE ELECTRONIC CODE THAT COMES ON THE LITTLE CREDIT CARD WITH THE LOG BOOKS.

Also, Multi ECU Scan does not do the Alfa 156 central locking coding.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Citroënbender

bonno

Thanks Guys
Looks like a trip to the AR dealer to get this central locking code and then find an automotive locksmith to cut and program the new remote key.

bazzbazz

Quote from: Citroënbender on December 18, 2017, 05:43:45 PM
Even the latest paid version? I'm surprised.

There are many features that MultiEcuScan does not do that more professional grade suites do. This is the price one pays for the most user friendly Alfa Diagnostic Suite out there, it does not provide some actions that can get one into more trouble than they had to start with.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Citroënbender

I find MES a bit clunky, although I'm using it on a 2003 ThinkPad running XP Pro.

Can you get into the body module with the newer Launch tools?

bonno

Thanks to all who provided me with contact information for auto locksmiths.  My enquiries have revealed that a spare can be cut and programmed against my existing/original flip key for around $150. However, if I require a remote to open/close doors and open boot this can be done if the remote key incorporates a separate chip/transponder to that of the central locking electronics circuit board. He advises that he has re-programmed a second hand AR remote which was purchased from wrecker. This option is a considerable saving to one obtained new from AR as quotes of around $600 plus one month to supply from Italy. For the time being, I will arrange to have a spare flip key to be cut and programmed to suit and look at the remote option in the New Year. I have attached link to Alfa workshop located in the UK that provides an explanation on how the key coding system works https://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/Keycodesystem.shtml