My new car

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, September 01, 2008, 10:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Just picked up a 1986 GTV6 over the weekend.  She's a bit baggy and has a few mechanical problems but nothing too major, we hope, so far.

Wasn't in the market for one at the moment, but it came up at the right price, so i couldn't refuse really.  By all accounts i only just sealed the deal in time too.

Engine may need head gaskets done, unsure yet, but feels extremely healthy, as does the clutch and gearbox.  brakes need a bit of work, there's a few electrical/switchgear issues to sort, then just some little niggly things.  Overall she's pretty good though, rust in the tailgate, paint a bit rough, but interior and rest of body very good.

Feels lovely to drive.  I was expecting it to be very similar to the 90, but it was quite a lot nicer.  Hard to explain why though...Maybe it was all in my head.

Only got one pic when I got her home.  Lucky I didn't take it today, as there's a rather large puddle of brake fluid on the drive at the moment! 

Sheldon McIntosh

I lied, one more pic.

dehne

shame on you all those 90's will now be left homeless
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

dehne

looks like a nice car though
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: dehne on September 02, 2008, 12:35:59 AM
shame on you all those 90's will now be left homeless

ha ha.  I'll keep tracking Ironsides, and the missus can have the road 90.  I'll always have a soft spot for the 90 since it was my first Alfa.  I think they'll get jealous though, no doubt about that.

alfagtv58

Well done Sheldon 8)

Is this the one that popped up on the forum the other day?  Certainly sounded like a bargain.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Never mind, I just saw your hijaked post.

Still, congrats  ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

Well, now that you have off street parking, you gotta fill it with Alfas'.  Stops them being hit by little old Granny's too
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Sheldon McIntosh

Doesn't look too bad after a wash.

Yes, that front guard has an abomination of a paint job, and yes that is a puddle of brake fluid under the rear.

Loving the blue colour though, she stands out from the crowd.  Can't wait to get her roadworthy.  Will be getting her up on the hoist tomorrow to change the brake caliper.  Brakes will be nice!

Luckily not too many old grannies in Mercedes' to smash into my Alfas where we're living now.  For those who don't know, this is what we're referring to:-  http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,68/topic,998.0/

Sheldon McIntosh

And another.

Would it look better without the Autodelta sticker, or should I leave it on?

See Ed, I still have your sponsorship on Ironsides.  Almost a year now, still waiting on the cheque.

Fast Eddie

Well I do love racey stickers on a race car, so keep it.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Colin Byrne

nice one Sheldon, can't wait to see it, i've always liked the GTV6 even though its not a 105!

QuoteI'll keep tracking Ironsides

Ha! i bet the GTV will be out on the track on the next track day (Same stud pattern as the 90 yea?)
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Sheldon McIntosh

ha ha, you know me so well.  Not the next day, but considering Phillip Island!

Scott Farquharson

Well Sheldon, I don't know what to say - I think the 90 community has gone into melt down....why don't you just slap them in the face....

PS so what is the car for.....daily, track, sundays....?
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Scott Farquharson

listen to gumby, couple of laps of the ring and he's giv'n us cheek.......come back here so i can slap you around some.....i have missed you so much.....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)