Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo

Started by squidders, April 21, 2017, 12:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squidders

Hi fellow Alfisti,

Just wondering if anyone has contacted the Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo recently for information on their Alfa.

I received the following email back. Has anyone else been asked to pay for information? Wow  :o

Following your request, we would like to inform you that from our search in the production registers concerning the chassis number you provided, the following information is available:

-              Model
-              Production date
-              Delivery date
-              Market destination
-              Exterior color
-              Interior

The Certificate of Origin, printed on high-quality paper, will be sent to the address you have provided. A preview will be sent to your email address. The cost of this service is 70.00€.

As an alternative, the information could be provided in the text of an e-mail. The cost of this service is 30.00 €.

If you have the current engine number, we can check whether it's original.

After you send us your confirmation by replying to this email, we will proceed to sending you the payment instructions.

Kind regards,

poohbah

That's a shock, Marco at CentroDocumentazione gave me all that info for free by email a couple of years back. That was before they reopened the Arese museum though, so maybe they are milking every dollar they can to support it.

Maybe you should just double check whether they are asking for payment only if you want a copy of a certificate of origin, either in paper form or electronic format. But it does sound as if even just the basic details will cost 30 euros.

here's what Marco replied to me:

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number ZAR 11637003015022 and the engine number AR 073000 originally correspond to an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV RHD, manufactured on the 11th May 1981 and sold on the 26th May 1981 in Australia.
The body colour is metallic cloud grey, with "beige rigato" velvet interiors.

Yours, Sincerely,         
Marco Fazio

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

squidders

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did exactly that. Seems strange. Marco is no longer there.

poohbah

According to the AR website (below), Marco is still in charge. He probably now has underlings who handle basic inquiries. My bet is that AR has decided to slap a fee on all information provided as part of the business case for the museum.

http://www.alfaromeo.com.au/documentation-centre
            1981 GTV

squidders

Makes sense. Thanks for letting me know!

squidders

Yeah the information is no longer free. I just received confirmation. Min 30 Euros for emailed info or 70 euro's if you want some sort of fancy certificate. 

poohbah

1981 GTV