Guilia QV in Supercars

Started by alfamisa, December 22, 2016, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaleuclint

Given that every 'new' Ghibli is very conveniently a demonstrator, you have to be pretty lazy to pay over $140,000 for one on the road.  Obviously they are more sedate than the QV but they are Maseratis, probably better materials and finish, and they are bigger if that's a positive.  Personally I'd find it hard to walk past a Ghibli S to buy a QV.  But I probably wouldn't buy an M5 either.  I would buy an AMG E-class though...
2011 159ti 1750TBi

As the day goes

bazzbazz

STONE HIM . . . . .STONE HIM!

Anyone got a spare bag of gravel?   ;)

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

As the day goes

kaleuclint

Much as I love my Benz wagons this column shift thing I really don't like.  Might defect to ... Audi.  Is that more acceptable?? 
2011 159ti 1750TBi

bazzbazz

Funny thing, I was comparing the specs of my 156 to the same year Audi TT, was surprised to see the 156 putting out more power and faster spec times than the TT. Nice to know the old girl is better than the sportier audi . . . .on paper at least  ;)

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

poohbah

Funny, I thought TT was just Audi's abbreviation for tut-tut, as some sort of Germanic alternative for hairdresser's transport...

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

As the day goes

Quote from: kaleuclint on January 04, 2017, 01:53:07 PM
Audi.  Is that more acceptable??

I'll grudgingly will give you that one

kaleuclint

On paper my 159 is faster than my Benz.  In the real world it's definitely not.

Thinking 2015 A4 allroad quattro.  Isn't the 2.0tdi caught up in "dieselgate"?
2011 159ti 1750TBi

As the day goes

Correct.  One of my work colleagues has that motor.  Nice car.  I tried persuading him to take it through Reefton but alas he said you Alfa guys drive too fast.