Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Started by Neil Choi, September 08, 2016, 06:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Good looking shape, kind of like the Porker Macan.
Would be interesting to see its credentials.
To be revealed in LA Auto show in Nov.
Would you buy one?

Colin Edwards

Would I buy one..............no.  I'm allergic to SUV's and the way they are "driven"!

However I'd have a look at one.  I hope they are profitable for Alfa.  The more money they make on an SUV the more money they can invest in real cars.

Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

kaleuclint

2011 159ti 1750TBi

Joe Garra

My wife wants to get a SUV to replace our Giulietta. I'm trying to make her wait till the Stelvio arrives :-)
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

As the day goes

Not a dog carrier for sure

But then the missus says if I have to buy another Alfa, it can be the Stelvio SUV.

alfamisa

Not an SUV person myself but only for that I'm not in the market for the Stelvio. Otherwise I can't see any reason not to look at buying one.

I'd probably be more inclined for this when it's out...Giulia QV Sportswagon;
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

alfamisa

FYI Stelvio SUV it's coming off the production line in Cassino, province of Frosinone...home of Giulietta, Giulia and now Stelvio;
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

alfamisa

Ok update, here's an engineer at the plant explaining the impressive processes and harmony that are followed in the plant...I know you can't all understand Italian...but you can read and understand "Acqua", "Benzina", "Olio" on your gauges, no? Allora?

So just listen to his voice, watch the footage and understand...we make Alfa Romeos, they're Italian, from Italy...

Ciao e forza alifisti !!!

https://www.facebook.com/Quattroruote/videos/10155176717801258/

:)

kaleuclint

Quote from: alfamisa on September 13, 2016, 07:34:43 PM
I know you can't all understand Italian...but you can read and understand "Acqua", "Benzina", "Olio" on your gauges, no? Allora?

And "Turbo" too! ;D

As it happens I always have 'Lingua' set to 'Italiano'.  Worked out that "Sconosciuto" on the audio display is not Emma Marrone's backing band...
2011 159ti 1750TBi

poohbah

Interesting interview with new head of Alfa and Maserati. Two interesting statements: Stelvio to be world's fastest SUV round Nurburgring, and Alfa and Maserati will never be built outside Italy "on my watch".

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/maserati/car-interviews-reid-bigland-the-new-boss-of-maserati-and-alfa-romeo-2016/
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

kaleuclint

Quote from: poohbah on October 05, 2016, 08:36:34 PM
... world's fastest SUV round Nurburgring
Answering the question that nobody asked...

Memo to Alfa:  stop the lazy marketing of re-rendering your saloon cars as jacked up SUVs and start producing sports coupes and spiders differentiated by "passione".
2011 159ti 1750TBi

poohbah

Haha - spot on. Though I think Porsche has made the claim for the Macan.
            1981 GTV

kaleuclint

Quote from: poohbah on October 07, 2016, 11:50:32 AM
Haha - spot on. Though I think Porsche has made the claim for the Macan.

Yes -- and I'm getting a Macan.

Why?  I don't covet the key fob but I can't afford a rear-engined Porsche (like most people).  It's best in class and the category killer.  And it doesn't drive like an SUV.

Alfa taking on the Macan when it could produce sports-oriented cars (it's speciality and heritage) like a new GT / Brera / Spider without completion from Porsche is beyond me!
2011 159ti 1750TBi

poohbah

The latest spy pics, including some interior shots. Nothing really too exciting, but I'm with Colin on this - I have zero interest in the Stelvio itself, but I hope Alfa sells them by the boatload. That will only be good for more decent road cars.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/11/alfa-romeo-stelvio-spy-shots/

1981 GTV

alfamisa

As some of you will know, it's been revealed...

It looks exciting, sounds exciting and contrary to my earlier comment, I'd buy one! (i.e. there won't be a sportswagon Giulia, so SUV it is).

Well done Alfa Romeo ;)