Selespeed gets "jerky" as the day goes on

Started by BobtheBuilder, July 21, 2008, 10:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobtheBuilder

I'm having a rather unusual problem with my 2003 156 Selespeed which I'm hoping some learned fellow members might be able to help me with.

The problem is that the Selespeed clutch works really well first up but as the day goes on and the car is driven more about town, the selespeed clutch starts to get very jerky.  The car becomes very difficult to move off after stopping with the engine speed cycling up and down and the clutch seemingly not smoothly engaging.  At worst the car becomes almost impossible to drive around town where one has to start and stop.  Park the car overnight and all is well again in the morning - at least to start with.

Given that the Selespeed can and does work so well in the morning it wouldn't seem the problem is a failure such as an actuator failure but would seem more like a hydraulic seal leaking as time goes on and the system heats up.  Or something else time related.

Can anyone out there help with this one?

dehne

hi there the problem will most likely be the throtle body i have exactly the same problem with my 2000mdl tha crap part is that ist a $2000 fix hope for ur sake its not
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Its Fun

I had the same issue, and the dealer reset the computer to factory spec. Now it's back to normal

Stuart Thomson

We had the same problem with ours.  A new actuator fixed the problem, but it's expensive.  Call Damon at Lance Dixon Alfa Service, he can advise more fully.

Cheers
Stuart

BobtheBuilder

Thanks guys for the suggestions.  I'll follow up with Lance Dixon regards the actuator

cheers

BTB