The 90 is here!

Started by The Count, February 04, 2016, 10:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Count

At LONG last, our 90 has arrrived in Tasmania after an extended wait but it has been so worth while (with great thanks to Peter and Martin)

Had a good trip down from Devonport after collecting the 90 from Melbourne and putting it on the Spirit of Tasmania but the trip was eventful with much wildlife on the roads and roadside following recent fires and some heavy rain. We did not escape unscathed as we collected what appeared to be a large feral cat at speed which has resulted in a crack in the chin spoiler of the 90.

I'd like to remove the spoiler and reinforce with fibreglass behind the crack but am wondering how big a job it is to remove the spoiler. On quick inspection (I don't have hoist) it would seem that it's a matter of disconnecting and removing the springs/dampers and then unscrewing what appears to be a captive bolt that is threaded into the spoiler on each side.

I don't have a workshop manual so, if anyone has done this job before, please let me know (or if you can pdf the appropriate pages from a workshop manual).

Will also need to regas/adjust the shocks on the 90 - any hints/tips on settings (it's a 1985 2.5L)?

Will post pics soon (the 90 is due for its Tassie roadworthy check next week)!

Am lovng the drive

Nick

four90s

Hi Nick,

I've got a Alfa workshop manual for the 90 and I'll scan the appropriate pages and email them to you.

The chin spoiler is made or fibreglass so they are easy to repair. Just be a bit careful with the big bolt, as I seem to recall the nut is easy to break out of the mount in the bumper.

If it all goes west, I've got spares of most of that stuff.

On all the ones I've had anything to do with the standard shocks are the same as the 75's (well the other way round as the 90s were first).

Cheers
Steve
Adelaide
Four90s
Too many others to list
(33 Alfas and some other things since 1979)

VeeSix

Congratulations, attachment point photos, there is also a factory similar non moving extension at the rear which a lot of 90s seem to be missing because they damage easily  :)
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 V6 2.5 12V 
1986 Alfa Romeo 90 V6 2.5 12V
1990 Alfa Romeo 75 V6 3.0 12V Potenziata
1990 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V Zender
1991 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV
1992 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV

dfrye

I tried to give away a near mint set of bumpers for a 90 a year or two back but no-one wanted them so they went to landfill... as did some doors etc. I have a great dash if you need it (no instrument binacle) - freight cost only or free pickup. Have a briefcase somewhere also ...

//dean

//dean