Alfa Romeo converted Tasmania

Started by VH5150, August 09, 2015, 11:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VH5150

Hi, thought I would drop a thread on here to say hello. Firstly I have never owned an Alfa Romeo, have watched plenty of classic Alfa Romeos race by my home in the Tamar Valley during Targa Tasmania, usually breathing fire and flames from the exhaust.

Just bought a 2003 manual Alfa 147 3 door hatch. Flew to Sydney two weeks ago and drove it home 950 kilometers to Tasmania. Really got to know the car after driving the 147 down the Hume Highway leaving Sydney airport Friday 12.30pm, stayed overnight in Albury then drove Saturday arriving Port Melbourne for the ferry trip home.

Along with all that I had read on the net and forums like this about the 147 I can now say we love the sporty little Alfa we bought. The car cruised amazingly well in 5th gear down the freeway and loves the corners we have here in Tasmania.
Yes the ride is a little harsh on the back roads down here and I have been working my way through a few Alfa 147 electrical gremlins.
Repaired the drivers side window switch yesterday, broken switch pin drivers window, swapped over spare switch in the RH master switch, electronics were luckily ok.
The rear fog lamp beep sounded every 4 kilometers down the Hume Highway  :o After reading forum info about cause of the fault, switched the fog lamps on when I got home, fault has now gone.
I now have the ABS/VDC error to sort. Checked the brake pedal switch yesterday with my multi meter, both circuits in the switch are functioning correctly.
Have read on the net something about the ABS sensor suffering from brake dust which casues the error?

Anyway glad to have bought an Alfa 147, it is a real joy to drive!!
Dave, Tasmania.