Apart from Alfa's, What cars are you into?

Started by V AR 164, May 26, 2015, 09:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V AR 164

Ok so I'm a bit bored at the moment, so I though it would be interesting to see what cars you guys (or gals) are into that isn't an Alfa.

Mine would have to be the Toyota 2000GT, that car is beautiful. I like to think of it as Japan's attempt at the E Type Jag.

Enjoy your week!
Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Duk

My list of cars that I want would be nearly endless........................  :o
Tho I've developed a a real interest in the current model (991 chassis) Posche 911 GT3 (and the soon to be out GT3 RS). But the new Cayman GT4 is something that I really like the look of!

The other cars I have other than my Potenziata are a 1988 AW11 MR2 and the current daily driver is a BF F6 Typhoon.
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???

poohbah

What a great topic ... but way too many to list 'em all!

I've always had the urge to get my hands on a late 70s Porsche 928. They have one of the greatest sounding V8s ever. To be period perfect, it would also need to be metallic poo brown...

I also really like the idea of getting a Fiat 124 Coupe or 131 Supermirafiori. There were loads around when I was in high school, but they seem to be rarer than rocking horse s... these days.

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

17fitty

Great topic--as everyone else i have many wants/needs so heres some photos of my replica of an OT 1300.Realize some of its not period correct but i bought this about 10 years ago and still use it on the road and the odd hillclimb--would love any abarth--even a new one

Davidm1600

Aghm, well I love not just Alfas, though currently have 3, but as well my '69 Fiat AC 124 sport, which I have owned since I was 20, which now means 35 years !.

But I would also love, but can't afford an early 911, Jag Mk2, Fiat Dino coupe or spider, let alone an X1/9, 130 coupe, Lancia Fulvia, or even my brothers '71 Mercedes 280s 3.5 sedan.  I am also partial to the BMW 3.0 sedan from the early mid 70s and have been known to like plenty of Italian exotica which are even more so in the land of unaffordability, eg Ferrari 400i, Dino, Lamborghini Espada, Maserati 3500 GT, Aston Martin DB4 or even the modern DB9 etc etc.  Dream on son.  ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Italian Supermodel

Fell in love with a De Tomaso Mangusta at Motorclassica last year(same colour and similar to this image).
Its lines, stance and overall proportions took my breath away!
At different angles it reminds me of my Alfetta gt on serious steroids.

Alfamania

My list in order with Ferrari my favourite is:

Ferrari
Maserati
BMW
Porsche
Audi
Aston Martin
Alfa Romeo
Fiat
Lancia
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Mazda Rx7 13B Extend port -Turbo
Ford XE ESP 5.8
Mazda RX-4 Coupe 13B Extend Port

Duk

Quote from: poohbah on May 27, 2015, 12:15:15 AMI also really like the idea of getting a Fiat 124 Coupe or 131 Supermirafiori. There were loads around when I was in high school, but they seem to be rarer than rocking horse s... these days.

If I may, I would advise a 124 over a 131.............
Years ago I had an '84 131 Supabrava and I thought it was terrible! Previous to that was my first FIAT (and my 1st car), a 132 and my first Alfa, a 1980 Giulietta. The older 132 was a better, more fun and enthusiastic car (lower diff ratio and revvier, shorter stroke 1756cc engine). Even tho the 131 had the rack and pinion steering and a 2 litre, it was woeful.
I thought the 131 would have been a much closer rival to the Alfa, but it was no where near it!
The Alfa's poise, balance and sure footedness smashed the FIAT. I'd put a 2 litre in my Giuli, even tho on paper both engines were rated at 120hp, the FIAT had it's arse kicked!
Both cars were decent mechanical condition (balljoints, tie rod ends, bushes were all new or good condition), both cars road Monroe gas dampers, both cars were manuals and both engines were decently fresh having had honed bores and new rings (the FIAT engine leaked out of every seal it had).
But you could really see where the accountants had done their work with the front suspension. McPherson struts, with the anti-rol bar doing double duty as the caster arms. It seamed so cheap and under done compared to the older double wishbone suspension of the earlier FIATs. They even used drum brakes at the back!
The Supabrava 5 speed is a nice bit of gear, tho! I believe they were made by ZF, but were esentially the original FIAT design.
Great shift feel (loads better than an old TA Alfa's.............. ;) ) with good ratios and synchos that, ummmmmm, were also loads better than a TA Alfa's..................  ;D
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???

kartone

Neil, please elaborate! Which model, accessories, colour? What attracts to this iconic vehicle?
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Tony Raditsis

Well, Apparently our comp secretary is a sheep in wolve's clothing.

Garibaldi

Neil, I have great news for you.

The all new Toyota Camry has just been launched and I have all the new models in our showroom.

Just call me for a test drive. You wont be disappointed. :)

V AR 164

Or if money was no object-

Ferrari 288 GTO, my ultimate dream car. In white 😃

Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

aggie57

Quote from: Garibaldi on May 27, 2015, 09:10:08 PM
Neil, I have great news for you.

The all new Toyota Camry has just been launched and I have all the new models in our showroom.

Just call me for a test drive. You wont be disappointed. :)

Is that a Lexus?!!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

aggie57

Actually, my ideal collection would be:

- Mk2 Jag
- Mini Cooper S
- 2CV
- 2.4S 911
- 991 GTS (for daily)
- 105 GTV (but could be convinced to take a Duetto).
- Range Rover mit diesel and far too many options to be sensible. Tow car!

But I'm into Alfa's and Porkers. And NOT BLOODY CAMRY's. Funny story, a couple of years back I arrived in Orlando Florida and picked up a rental to head over to Pensacola where you'll find the Blue Angels and the U.S. Navy air museum. And what did Hertz give me in the land of rental Impala's and Dodgy people movers?  A BLOODY CAMRY!!  Exactly like you'd see on trucks heading to the docks from Altona. Thankfully the museum is one of the best aviation museums ever but I do digress.....sorry. It's late, I'm tired and Neil wants a BLOODY CAMRY!!!!!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list