Cup holder in Alfa Romeo 156

Started by Kulwinder, January 22, 2015, 07:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kulwinder

There
Are many topics on Internet about this matter. But too confused reading too much.
Has any one DIY cup holders in Alfa 156 JTS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidm1600

I think the answer is no, the 156 never came with such things.  I believe the 147 may have. 

The only solution I am aware of would be to fit an aftermarket device but where ??
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

colcol

There is a topic on this about 6 months ago called 'Discount Cup Holders for 156's' or something like that.
I put a similar post for the 156 series 2+3 that fits next to the passenger seat, even had my assistant put up photo's of it as well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Neil Choi

Ha, I will bite and give the same old adage.

It's called a Pretty something Blonde, which your wife will not like!!!

Garibaldi

Or just buy a 147 which has cup holders although it is an expensive way to do it. ;D

Kulwinder

Hey Colin, you replied on a post "156 for dummies?" ""I use clip on cup holders from Supercheap, they just clip onto the side of the door, where the little cutout is on the bottom, that is a long term project for me on a rainy day, to make/install adapt cup holders for the 156, had cup holders in the 33 since 1986, part of a K-Mart rubbish container, that sits between the seats, if anyone has had any luck with cup holders for 156's, tell us about it with some pictures, Colin.""
Could you plz post some photos of this.
I have also seen a cup holder made for this car. But it's too expensive.

Kulwinder

I seen a holder like this one on eBay. But too expensive. These photos are from Google.

poohbah

This works.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

poohbah

And so does this!
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Kulwinder

Ha ha that's funny.

colcol

That cup holder that you saw on ebay for about $90, just buy it.
It is expensive, with the freight from Canada, it is a good piece of gear thats made in Taiwan, its not moulded crappy plastic, but a resin plastic that seems well made.
It looks part of the car, it doesn't get in the way of anything, and is high up, so you don't look down on it, looking where to place your drink, while taking your peepers off the road.
It sits in the console, next to the handbrake, i used velcrow to hold mine to the console, so that it wouldn't come out and drilled and tapped a 6mm threaded hole, so i could put a screw to stop it rattling over bumps, but thats just me, it not that necesary.
It will take a standard can or small cup, but not the big Squishy's from the Quicky Mart.
Bazzbazz had a good drink holder for a 156, certainly cheaper than this one, have a look at one of his posts, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Neil Choi

Maybe?

colcol

Er, i will be back in about 15 minutes!, Colin.

bazzbazz

OR one could try this, $15 and is pretty much bullet proof if you screw it down.

http://www.ausalfa.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9739

Baz

PS. Just realised yours is a JTS, so you'll need to make a wedge to place underneath
      so the holders will sit level. Or place a pile of washers under the front screw.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Garibaldi

I want one!! ;)