Heavily modified 2000 GTV from QLD - more info and pics wanted!

Started by peter.b, January 07, 2015, 10:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter.b

Hi all,

Saw this GTV on a blog and it seems to be from QLD so I'm shouting out to our Queensland members to provide me with a little more info:

I understand that this may be seen as sacrilege, but I'm increasingly becoming fond of Japanese tuner influenced stance modifications on Italian cars.

Any info would be great!

Cheers,

Pete

LaStregaNera

66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

peter.b

Ouch - now that I didn't know. A good engine, but not an Alfa.

Still like the stance though!

LaStregaNera

Other photos I've seen show wide steelies - look like OEM centres - the ones that have a reputation for cracking the hub out when fitted with wider hoops. Must weigh a tonne.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Craig_m67

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

jazig.k

Wow. That almost looks like the coolest 105 I've ever seen... Top 3 easy

peter.b

Evan Bottcher

I like this Victorian 105 coupe with pumped out guards.  Not subtle, but not out of character for the car either.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Colin Byrne

couldn't agree more Evan, love those "slightly" pump out guards, if the rules allowed it I would be all over that look
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

jazig.k

Another image to water those eyes  ;)

LaStregaNera

This was supposed to be at a photoshoot I was at a couple of weekends ago - it didn't show because he was having hotter cams put in it - For what he's spent on the SR20 and modifying it, he could have pieced together healthy turbo 1.8 for it...
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

jazig.k

Would be hard pressed to compare a Alfa 1.8 turbo with the SR20, particularly if you even start to think about modifying them [for ease or cost]. Or are you suggesting another 1.8 turbo engine?

LaStregaNera

400hp easy-ish from a 1.8 turbo, with none of the adaption, crank tweaking or rocker gear failure problems of putting a SR20 in it. Plus it wouldn't sound like a truck like a SR20 does.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

LeMans_GTV

Well blow me down.

I was apprehensive about modding my 105 but after seeing that bugger it, that looks nuts.