Canberra, Frankston Canberra.

Started by bendover, October 06, 2014, 11:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendover

First of all, i am not a big fan of Melbourne traffic. I think most of you guys dont know what a red light is for.

They are bad in Canberra, but not colour blind lol. I also dont like some of the crazy U turns you have to do, and i get real nervous around those tram tracks.

This car is a pocket rocket and when opened up, i wasnt breaking the speed limit, honest, they have so much torque and power.

I checked my oild before leaving and it was still showing way too much. When i got to Frankston, i left her overnight. In the morning the oil was just above the top of those two marks, dont know where it went.

I drove her around for a few hours, checked the next morning and the oil had not moved. I did the same this morning.

I suppose this is good, isnt it.

Garibaldi

These engines do use oil. As long as you keep it between the two marks all will be good. The key is to check it regularly. If I am going on a long drive I always take some oil with me, better to be safe than sorry.

colcol

The 147 and 156 are quite sensitive to being checked on level ground, mine is sometimes over and under the max dot at the top, you would say it was spot on when you filled it, maybe the dipstick isn't quite in the centre of the engine as is sensitive to being on the level.
On some occasions you may have a bit of water or contaminates in the oil and when you go for a long drive, they get burnt out and the oil level drops, get into the habit of checking the oil level every week, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

I am uncertain - do I move this thread to 'off-topic' or not?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Mick A

bendover

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on October 06, 2014, 10:37:02 PM
I am uncertain - do I move this thread to 'off-topic' or not?

Why would you move it of topic, whats wrong with the thread.

I see you dont the Melbourne comment, very touch arent we lol.

Mick A

Read what you have written back to yourself before you click the post button next time.

bendover

What the hell are you talking about.

Once again it seems that the snobs on this site come out when somebody tries a little joke.

Whats wrong with you people, have you lost your sense of humour or what.

I really do give up with this site.

Garibaldi

The people in our club and on this site are very good, kind and generous with their time and knowledge. They are always happy to help anybody that shares our passion for Alfa Romeo cars. The posts you have made are a little different to the ones we usually get so some of the replies you have received are a little different to what you might expect. It is entirely your choice if you decide to give up on us but I can assure you you wont receive any better help or advice anywhere else.  ???

bendover

Look the help i get is first class and i cannot say anymore.

Not everybody is the same. I try and have a bit of a fun approach to life and i also like to shit stir as well. Some people seem to have lost their sense of humour over the years and take things far too seriously.

If my posts are different, and i dont know how they are, then just accept that. I dont know whats happened to people today, they take themselves far too seriously instead of realizing that there is more to be had by having a laugh, than a whinge and a moan.

Lighten up. I have lived in this country for 44 years and when we arrived people couldnt do enough for a ten pound POM. Now it seems over the years, this helping people and having fun, seems to have gone, why is that.

I have seen life from the good and bad sides, i have served this country overseas, but i always kept my sense of humour. Some of you need to do just that, get that bit of good old Aussie larrakin back and lighten up.