Hello and JTS misfire query.

Started by Tornado20, July 05, 2014, 10:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tornado20

Ciao folks,

New member here !

Could anyone recommend an off the shelf OBD2 scanner proven to work on my 2004 Alfa 156 JTS, I need to diagnose a misfire snag accompanied with an engine light and alarm sounding. Happens when I get off the freeway at low RPM if I give it too much throttle.

Looking forward to replies.

Thanks.

colcol

You need an OBD2 for a CANBUS system, which is different to a normal OBD2, the series 1 156 had a normal conventional wiring system, the series 2 156 had CANBUS, look on Ebay and the choice is yours.
If the car has done over 100k, it is most likely the FOUR Lambda sensors on the way out, you will get a stumble as you take off from the lights with a misfire, that will have a Motor Control System Failure Light, the fault code for the Lambda Sensor is 02, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Tornado20

Hey Colin,

Thanks for the info, I've decided to order a cable to allow me to hook up with multiecuscan.

I will post the results in a couple of weeks.

Tornado20

Ciao Folks,

As it turned out, No 4 coil was logging fault, swapped it out with No 3, fault followed coil into new position. New coil from Repco fixed the problem.

colcol

Good to see you fixed the coil problem, what brand of coil on plug do Repco sell?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Tornado20

Thanks Colin.

They supplied me with a Bosch part number 0221604103 ( which is original fit ) for a very competitive price, not a stocked item but it arrived the day after I rang them.