Group C 2000GTV

Started by Chris Blanden, June 05, 2014, 04:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enforcer

Good to see it coming along Chris. It was a tough one on the livery, particularly as this was 'Christine's Car' and probably the most famous of the Foley team cars in the red livery. But a Bathurst class winner in the hands of Derek Bell is hard to go past eh!

On the cars remaining, I think this is the only remaining Foley team 105. 'My' car was built by Foley's team in '75 to the same spec as this car but run by the Geelong boys separate to Foley's.

The other cars were the LHD Autodelta car the the team 'inherited' in '75. It won the class at Bathurst in '75 in the hands of John Leffler and Marie Clause Beaumont, run by Wherrett in 76 and written off in practice at Bathurst in 1977 by Gordon Rich (co-driver Ron Gillard). He was hit from behind by John Harvey coming into Forrest Elbow and rolled end for end. Rich spent a few days in hospital and the wreck was bought by Ray Gulson who stripped the mechanicals (probably still has some!)

The other was the John French car written off by Tim Schenken (Paul Bernasconi) at Bathurst '75. Michael Stillone (NSW Club Member who was working for Alfa at the time) remembers stripping the car down when it got back to Sydney.

Both Christine and Frenchy were 'given a holiday' by CAMS in '75 which is why other drivers were in the cars. I believe Chris's car was driven that year by Fred Gibson and John Fitzpatrick. Fred was Team Manager for Foley at the time. The car was a DNF early on, not sure why. John of course went on to win with Bob Morris the following year. So there are certainly some good drivers that have sat their ass in that car Chris!

I'm sure Paul will correct me if I got any of this wrong!!
73 Nc 2000 GTV
77 GTV Race
76 Gp C A'Delta GTAm 3 x HF 1000
68 GTV
76 GTAm
12 Giulietta QV Race
74 2L Berlina A
75 GTV
75 Spider
85 GTV6
89/75 TS x 3
70 Fairlane
72 Lotus Europa
74 F350 Pano
76 HX S'man
80 Volvo 240 Rally
12 159 Q4
2020 Stelvio (Hers)
2019 Colorado (Mulo)
07 Iveco transporter

robertb

Great to see her coming back Chris,Tim keeps me informed.Had a very hard life that car but much success .