sign the e petition to stop whingers shutting down lakeside

Started by DHDamo, May 23, 2014, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHDamo

Please follow the link to sign a petition against a group wanting all motorsport shut down because of noise. We lost Lakeside once from this small but "noisy" group of whingers.

If you don't like the sound of trains don't live on a train line.......

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/work-of-assembly/petitions/e-petitions
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

LaStregaNera

66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

DHDamo

Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

MD

Done mine.
Also spread it around somewhat.
Perhaps our Qld Moderator should invite all Qld Motor Sport peak bodies to circulate this information and join the petitioners?

Done that too.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

17fitty

Thanks for making me aware-frustrating-we have spent 10 years trying for a motorsport complex on the Sunshine Coast and  xx**##$$$$$$  same story.These people dont realise how valuable these tracks are too help with driver training etc.EG-i brought my son a (hot)fiat 850 sport for his 12th birthday which he loved-no other family members did/?and he did motorkhanas on concrete/dirt and helped setting up the events-he even drove a mates vc v8 commodore race car at the Gympie skidpan-size of the smile i will never forget-his life experiences in those years are inbedded-to this day he drives a 180 series Merc and has no interest in racing etc but is one safe sober driver.Thanks QLD and locals to keep these venues open-if you have a AASA/CAMS license and lose your civvy license as far as i know you cant race=safer sober appreciative drivers.
We are all safe in our lounge until the overpowered undertrained person loses control of there vehicle from lack of experience-we need more of these facilities...MORE motorsport complexes please.
PS-i kept the 55hp 850 and still drive it as much as poss as well as my alfas-rantrantrant-how about a "rallye"

DHDamo

Thanks for helping out - let me know if there's anything I can help with on the Sunny coast complex!

Quote from: 17fitty on May 25, 2014, 07:44:28 PM
Thanks for making me aware-frustrating-we have spent 10 years trying for a motorsport complex on the Sunshine Coast and  xx**##$$$$$$  same story.These people dont realise how valuable these tracks are too help with driver training etc.EG-i brought my son a (hot)fiat 850 sport for his 12th birthday which he loved-no other family members did/?and he did motorkhanas on concrete/dirt and helped setting up the events-he even drove a mates vc v8 commodore race car at the Gympie skidpan-size of the smile i will never forget-his life experiences in those years are inbedded-to this day he drives a 180 series Merc and has no interest in racing etc but is one safe sober driver.Thanks QLD and locals to keep these venues open-if you have a AASA/CAMS license and lose your civvy license as far as i know you cant race=safer sober appreciative drivers.
We are all safe in our lounge until the overpowered undertrained person loses control of there vehicle from lack of experience-we need more of these facilities...MORE motorsport complexes please.
PS-i kept the 55hp 850 and still drive it as much as poss as well as my alfas-rantrantrant-how about a "rallye"
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

17fitty

Cheers DHDAMO ;D we'll have to get the yandina ck crew and go for a (moderate)blast or if your ever up the northern end of the sunnycoast let me know--
The more people that sign this petition the better---

brook308

Quote from: 17fitty on May 26, 2014, 06:46:53 PM
Cheers DHDAMO ;D we'll have to get the yandina ck crew and go for a (moderate)blast or if your ever up the northern end of the sunnycoast let me know--
The more people that sign this petition the better---

Should open up the short track at the creek to the public, recon there would be some protests though!

17fitty

Yes do that Brooke 308-we all may have too re-install our headlights for night time fog motorkhanas--ahh the plot thickens and sickens-
I was told today that the petition against"motorsport venues" is not only QLD raceway and Lakeside but all motorsport complexes--any updates

brook308

Quote from: 17fitty on May 27, 2014, 07:25:05 PM
Yes do that Brooke 308-we all may have too re-install our headlights for night time fog motorkhanas--ahh the plot thickens and sickens-
I was told today that the petition against"motorsport venues" is not only QLD raceway and Lakeside but all motorsport complexes--any updates

You know, why don't these people get it!

We need to equip our young drivers with skills that they will use for life and to possibly save their life and others.

Our kids are put through 13+ years of education and we still do not have compulsory defensive driving courses at part of secondary education.

Venues where young drivers can test their skills in a controlled environment are an essential factor in reducing road carnage.

All of my kids will know how to control a vehicle well before they venture onto our roads.

My primary goals in getting my kids involved in motorsport is to a) educate them in car control, and b) introduce them to a sport they may want to continue with later in life.

DHDamo

Keep me informed on these local motorkhanas  ;)

The petition does state Qld motorsport venues - not very cool.

Since I've been watching it tho, it's gone from 1700 signatures to 3800. Keep spreading the word!

I'm no spokesperson, just saw it come up on a facebook page that I'd liked and thought it was imperative to share: track attack, who I think are the guys who run the excel cup.
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)