159 JTDm Diesel intake treatment

Started by Evan Bottcher, February 24, 2014, 12:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

The other day in it's regular service, the boys at Maranello Pur Sang used a special intake treatment on our tractor.  The throttle body is removed, and the treatment is sprayed into the intake while the engine is idling.  It's apparently a foam that soaks in and dissolves build up of soot in the manifold and on intake valves.  I'm really surprised by the difference the treatment has made, better throttle response and more overall power.  We went on the EMR this morning with the club crowd and it's made a really noticeable difference, especially on the open road.  Our intake was probably pretty blocked by earlier problems with the EGR valve sticking open, so it probably won't have such a good result on all cars.

Thought I'd pass on the recommendation as it's really brought the car to life.  Ask your regular mechanic or give Maranello Pur Sang a ring.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

redgtasa

Hi Evan
Have -you got any info on the site about power chipping a 2007 159 diesel
Looking to buy a wagon....red of course

RedemP

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on February 24, 2014, 12:08:13 AM
Maranello Pur Sang used a special intake treatment on our tractor.  The throttle body is removed, and the treatment is sprayed into the intake while the engine is idling.  It's apparently a foam that soaks in and dissolves build up of soot in the manifold and on intake valves.

hi evan,

was this part of the standard service or was it an extra? if the latter, how much?

thx.