Hi from another newbie

Started by timgtv6, December 29, 2013, 09:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timgtv6

Hi all,
New member here. Have had a few fwd alfas including a sprint with 16v which goes pretty well, a really clean gtv6 that was unfortunately stolen and burnt but have finally gotten another gtv6 in the shed.
I am getting ready to update a few things including installing a 3.0 12v while I slowly get a 24v ready, trying to work out how to fit some audi wheels and brakes that I have(I know people wont like the thought of this but I promise it will be worth the bastardisation :-) ) and I am going to order the rs preset suspension kit and heavier sway bar this arvo.
I am also looking at getting a zender replica bodykit hopefully in Feb.
Been a passive user of a few forums for a fair while now so am looking forward to being a bit more active
Thanks

Tim

hammer

G'day Tim,

Welcome to the fold. I look forward to catching up with you again mate. See you at a club event somewhere.

Cheers,

Brent

timgtv6

Hi Brent,
cheers. Yeah would love to do some club stuff again, even hill climbs once I've got the car sorted.
Cant wait

DHDamo

Welcome - from a fellow newbie. Keen to see these Audi wheels (easy to swap out so no stress) and the body kit, but the engine sounds whooah yeah!
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

timgtv6

Yeah the wheels are pretty much the same offset and should fit. Im getting the hubs drilled to accept the new pattern. Brakes will be a bit harder but shouldnt be too bad. Having trouble finding people to organise engine stuff due to the time of year so it is a bit of a waiting game

Pedro69

Hi Tim,
I think you may have my old Gtv6. I hope it's going well for you and it's a good base to work with. I know it had a very sound body. Sounds like you have some big plans for it. I actually bought it from A fellow forum member. Good luck with the build and I'd love to see it at a race track or hillclimb in the future.

Cheers, Peter

timgtv6

Hi Peter I think you are right!
PM sent