Website poll: Shocked and dismayed

Started by Evan Bottcher, May 01, 2006, 11:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

That more people who read this website think that an Alfa 1750GTV and Montreal are MORE DESIRABLE than an Alfa TZ1 - an out and out racer built on a tubular chassis with gorgeous aluminium bodywork.  What are you people insane?!

I've attached a couple of photos off the web to help educate you people.
Here's a link also with a short description: http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/alfa_tz1_2.shtml

Please can someone email me a new poll topic?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Fast Eddie

thats because you didnt put the 156 GTA or the sud or sudsprintonthe list ;D

But i agree with you so have voted for it ;)
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

branko.gt

What is your point, the choice was flawed to start with. The most desirable AR was not even listed. And no, I do not mean Alfasud.
Why TZ1 why not TZ2? Why not T33 Stradale?

Evan Bottcher

Ha the poll was meant to mean "What's the most desirable OF THESE Alfas?" - not much space to write the description.  The list misses out on so many truly beautiful Alfas as you've mentioned.  But people still chose the 1750GTV over the TZ1 which is stunning.  The 1750GTV is a really pretty little car (yes I do own one) but not in the same class.

How about the SZ (ES30) - do you think it's a pretty car?  Il Mostro they called it...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

branko.gt

pretty  ::) not by any means, but then all Zagato designs are challenging in one way or another. But they last and get rediscovered over and over again. I cannot think of any Zagato design that you could call pretty. That is not in their visual vocabulary. But somehow more of Zagato designed cars are or my list of best looking cars ever then any other designer! Go figure!

branko.gt

to further add to the confusion the list contains 6c1750. Some of the variants were better then others and some were really stunning. It is not like 156 where they all look the same and have some slight differnces.
Some may prefer Touring and others may prefer short wheelbase Zagato version. 
You could make a poll just for the versions of 6C1750 !

a sharp

Yes Evan a shock result, give me a TZ any day! For the record Birtish Mag "Car" asked 1000 motor writers and designers to list there 100 most desirable and uglyest cars. The T33 Stardale was #3, the SZ was the only car to finish in both top 100 lists about 90 for disirable and 20 for uglyest

jimnielsen

Now thats the problem.. if you had included a few of the more "classic" Giulietta's, such as the 1982 model, or even the venerable 1983.. then there would have been a real contest!

Jim.

'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Sheldon McIntosh

i can't believe the 90 tied with the alfetta 159!!!

I didn't tell that many mates to log on and vote for the 90....

Sheldon McIntosh

QuoteI cannot think of any Zagato design that you could call pretty.
???

how about an Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato?

Or the Zeta 6 from 1983, based on the GTV6?

branko.gt

Pleasing or attractive in a graceful or delicate way  ??? are you sure?
Most Zagato designed cars are gorgeous, and boisterous and attractive but pretty they are not. It could be that my understanding of the English language that is an issue here.
Actually AM almost looks pretty from some angles .... but in the end delicate and graceful it is not.

in case you misunderstood what I was saying  I did not mean to imply that lack of prettiness is anything bad! pretty designs are generally not quite as long lasting!

Tom Perkins

The DB4 Zegato GT my favorite classic car by far. worth more than a 250 GTO in my humble opinion.

By my prize for prettiest Alfa of all time woulf have to go to thiss little peice of work. Just beautiful.

1967 Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale!

shane wescott

The problem is of course there are too many fantastics Alfas to choose from.  :)
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750