New ad campaign

Started by poohbah, June 25, 2013, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Dog

Yep,
Since these adds have come out i do get lots of "thats not a car comments"
Can't say it bothers me either way but probably not the association a car manufacturer would like associated with their cars :)

I have no idea how to sell a car. Alfas?
All i can say is in the 17 years I've been driving ive owned 14 cars. This is the only car ive ever ever loved.
Truly loved. In 2 months of owning/driving this car ive learnt more about how to really drive a car then in all my previous experience together (thats including several track days and numerous sunday morning blasts).
I can't imagine ever owning a sensible car again.

Paul.
MILF.

Ummmm, how to say this politely.

A women, preferably around middle age, of an attractive nature, with whom i'd like to have copious amounts of intercourse, numerous times.

Clear it up any?

If not, just watch the add again :)

Stuart Thomson

Oh no Nate has seriously been bitten.

Welcome to the land of parochial car ownership Nate, you'll be defending the marque to the great unwashed forever, I'm afraid.

Cheers
Stu (also bitten hard and early)

Beatle

Quote from: Nate Dog on August 08, 2013, 09:29:33 PM

This is the only car ive ever ever loved.
Truly loved.

The hate comes later...........  ;D
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Paul Bayly on August 10, 2013, 11:26:11 AM
Quote from: Nate Dog on August 08, 2013, 09:29:33 PM

This is the only car ive ever ever loved.
Truly loved.

The hate comes later...........  ;D

Nice.

I give it six months before Nate Dog has another 2 Alfas.  One for parts, one because it 'followed him home/couldn't pass it up at that price' etc.

By the way Nate Dog, I loved your 1994 collaboration with Warren G, "Regulate".

Neil Choi

You comment on/criticise/like the new Alfa ad (which I find amusing).

But just you go watch the new Camry ad, with the theme of family and "Hip to be square" song, makes you want to go out and buy a Camry.  Or feel sick and slash your wrist.  That's their market and they do it well.  Boring.

Nate Dog

Yeah! That camry add confused the crap out of me. Was convinced it was a deodarant add till the last 20 seconds.

As to owning another 2 alfas...
No denying it. Ive been trawling the interweb seeing what else is out there. Keep wondering if I shouldn't have gotten the gtv6 to start with.  Then I drive my car and all my worries evaporate.
the 105 is simply gorgeous. But priorities are a unit not a classic :(
The montreal might happen one day. When ive made my beast perfect I might sell it and just buy the gtv6 to start again.

Right now I just enjoy being under the alfa in the mornings, and driving it around in the evenings.

Btw, anyone out of town tonight and tomorrow night, xast your gaze to the northern sky. We're passing through the peredisies meteor field. Better in the northern hemisphere but if youre somewhere with low light pollution from the cities tonight and tomorrow night, you should still see 10-15 shooting stars an hour.

poohbah

I'm with you nate. Had my Alfa for a year and love it. Already tentatively broached the idea of a second one with the missus. Can't print her reply... Now thinking might have to use my son as an excuse - he"ll need a first car in about 18 months. No reason we can't have an Alfa pool to choose from between us! I doubt I will ever buy another marque now(, unless I find a nice affordable quattroporte in my price range). Hopefully by the time Alfa goes all rwd ill have the readies to buy a new one. But I doubt it. So I think a GTV6 or 164 is next most likely addition.

In terms of ads, I reckon they should just run the first series from early this year showing giulietta and some of tje classics. Very la dolce vita. Nice and understated, with a touch of class. Or maybe an alternate version with different selection of classic alfas.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

extraball

they got it right with this one, well it appeals to me  :P:

http://youtu.be/IwbEdFIp83M

Davidm1600

That one worked for me, hmn funny that as I have a sportwagon.  Mind you, doesn't she fit in very well with Nate's description above of a certain female.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Cool Jesus

Quote from: colcol on July 20, 2013, 04:44:04 PM
The only thing i am confused about is the reference that Nate dog made to a MILF, whats that?, a confused Colin.
Showing your age here Col  ::)
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS