Unique 1990 75 Potenziata for sale (sold)

Started by oz3litre, May 06, 2013, 02:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz3litre

It has unfortunately come to the point where I have to sell my much loved Potenziata. This car is an exceptional example. The engine was fully rebuilt from the ground up by Italservice in Adelaide only 35,000 km ago. Brand new high compression pistons and sleeves were fitted, along with all new bearings, cam followers, valve guides and big end bolts. The heads were ported and matched to the inlet manifolds by Luigi Amori and the valves undercut. It has Q cams and of course the timing belt, tensioner and water pump were replaced. Nothing was left to chance. It is running around 11:1 compression. The Motronic computer has been tuned to match the considerable increase in breathing capacity of the engine. The radiator and thermostat were also replaced. This is a genuine Potenziata with Motronic injection and the larger air flow meter.

The 3.73:1 limited slip transaxle is in perfect condition, as are the rest of the mechanicals. The power steering rack was recently professionally rebuilt. Koni yellow shocks have been fitted all round, along with Performatek rose joint Watts links and ball joint control arms. It has a 2" exhaust system with an Ansa rear muffler and sounds wonderful. It is a very quick car with super responsive handling.

The only downsides are that the paint is showing its age in places and the headlining is sagging a bit. The rest of the interior trim is in very good condition. The car has never been in an accident and has no rust. The heater blower is not working due to seized bearings and therefore the airconditioning cannot be used. It was blowing very cold prior to that. It will cost nothing to fix the fan if you take the dash out yourself. It is a wonderful car and I will be very sad to see it go.

It is hard to put a price on a car like this and I know I cannot expect to get back all I have spent on it. The engine alone cost $9,000 to rebuild and fit. Potenziatas are a very rare model of the last rear wheel drive Alfa.

$9,500 negotiable.

Phone Rhys Williams
0422 789 427
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.

oz3litre

Price drop. This great car needs to find a good Alfa home. All the important work has been done on it. You could not build the average 75 up to this standard for the asking price. It would be great on the track or as a quick daily driver or club car.

oz3litre

Reasonable offers will be considered. This car is in excellent daily driver condition and is an ideal club or track car. It is very well known in the SA Alfa club.

oz3litre

Bump! This wonderful car is still looking for a good home. You will not find a better example for sale anywhere.

oz3litre

oz3litre

I am open to discussing reasonable offers on this car. There would not be another 75 for sale anywhere with an engine as new as this one. It would make a great track car with virtually nothing to do to it, except lightening if desired.