Need info on a grill i have

Started by mystyk, May 02, 2013, 07:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystyk

Hi, I have aquired this grill an been told its from a beta juliette an its rare as hens teeth, is this true

kawasakirider

Wow. I cannot believe I am seeing what I am seeing right now. It does indeed appear to be a BJ (Beta Juliette) grill. If it is in fact a genuine item, you can expect the sale price to be in the thousands.

How did you come across such a gem? I bet you paid through the nose for it.. To my knowledge, the last one to ever be sold on this forum was broken in transit and we've never had another come up for sale on these boards. I thought they were lost forever, I'm actually becoming emotional to think that there's a chance a BJ Grill could still be out there....

You may be in possession of a relic of automobile history.

There is of course the chance that it is a non genuine item. Can we have more pictures? What is stamped behind the grill? There should be a moulding/part number of some sort.

mystyk

Hi, I can see a number 8  i cant take a pic as my batteries died will get more tomoro

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

scuzzyGTV

Quote:o
+1
QuoteTo my knowledge, the last one to ever be sold on this forum was broken in transit and we've never had another come up for sale on these boards.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

GTV-074

Hmmm... both signed up with 15 mins of each other.... same spelling mistake "grill" ...
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

mystyk

Excuse me what r u trying to say. Yes i signed up to get info on the grill i have.

scuzzyGTV

The post from kawasakirider does show signs of being a little suss. may not be the case, however claiming historical knowledge on this forums activities, having only made 1 post and joining recently don't quite line up.
that's all.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: mystyk on May 03, 2013, 09:32:15 AM
Excuse me what r u trying to say. Yes i signed up to get info on the grill i have.

mystyk - prior posts were implying that kawasakirider might be a "sock puppet".  I'm assuming not, and it's just an excellent piss-take.

Much as I'd like to continue the piss-take e.g. "Wow thats amazing you should call Jay Leno, he's got one of the last remaining beta juliettes and it's missing a grill etc." I think I'd best not.

What I see is the grille 'heart' from an Alfa Giulietta from the 80s.  Not in particularly good condition.  You can usually pick up an average Giulietta whole car for about $200, so I don't think the grille is particularly rare or valuable.  Happy to be proven wrong.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

mystyk

Thanks all i was asking was info. Thanks for your reply as it clears alot  up for me

Davidm1600

Yup would have to agree with Evans advice, and just further for the record, there is no such thing as a beta jiuliette.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Anthony Miller

Yep, 116 Guilietta, early model at that, say '81
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

kawasakirider

It was a rather elaborate troll. From humble beginnings, it blossomed into something hilarious. The "E" in grille was omitted on purpose because BJ Grill is, well... A BJ Grill :P

I have never had anything to do with Alfa's in my life, Nissan guy through and through... The name beta-juliette was derived from Alfaromeo.

Sorry that your board got trolled, the opportunity was way too funny.

aggie57

Quote from: kawasakirider on May 03, 2013, 02:33:17 PM
It was a rather elaborate troll. From humble beginnings, it blossomed into something hilarious. The "E" in grille was omitted on purpose because BJ Grill is, well... A BJ Grill :P

I have never had anything to do with Alfa's in my life, Nissan guy through and through... The name beta-juliette was derived from Alfaromeo.

Sorry that your board got trolled, the opportunity was way too funny.

Such simple jokes for such simple folks.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

prova

This whole thread just makes me confused!!! Hope there's not a lot more like it!