MAFLESS TUNE FOR ALFA?!?

Started by ALFA156DALE, March 31, 2013, 03:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

If you have a open top battery, that you have to keep topping up the acid, then the voltage is too high, if its a sealed battery, then you don't know, if your light globes keep blowing, then it could be a too high charging alternator, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Cool Jesus

Looks like your alternator is working fine, that figure is good for a car at idle. I'd imagine a voltage spike would fry the ECU before the MAF. I believe the MAF is only supplied 5v, not sure if that eminates from the ECU or not. I'm starting to lean towards there being a loose connection, how's the connector look?
Not wanting to state the obvious, I take it each time your MAF has failed the engine stated misbehaving?
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

ALFA156DALE

Connector looks fine all the wires securely in the connector, the connector is still a firm fit to the maf sensor.
Yes, the car plays up once the sensor is buggered, it goes in to a limp home mode, so it will take off in four gear (being the 'Q' system)
As you guys said before maybe I am just the unlucky bugger to get a dodgy maf sensor or two. Also is the regulator external on the alternator or built in to the alternator, because I have gone back through the cars history and it seems to blow a few globes and has done so in my 4 years of ownership also.
once again thanks for the prompt replies
Dale
-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202