Current Model Workshop Night

Started by colcol, April 02, 2013, 09:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Hello MiTo, New Guilietta and 159 drivers, there will be a workshop night for these cars in about 6 weeks, more information to follow, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

grumpydude

Would this be open to people considering buying a 159 as their first Alfa - but not made the leap just yet?

colcol

Hello Grumpydude, it is open to ANYONE in the Alfa club or anyone becoming a new member, think of a question to ask about the purchase of a 159, email your details to drtool@bigpond.com.au or phone 0407 090 826 and ask for Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Current Model Workshop Night will be on Friday 24th May, for a 6-30 pm start for a 8-30 pm finish, more details as they come to hand, Colin.

colcol

For the current model, 159 - MiTo - New Guilietta, bookings will open on Thursday 11th April, if you are a true Alfa Romeo Fanatic, you will be driving these in a few years, Colin.

colcol

Bookings have now opened for the Current Model Alfa Romeo Workshop night, as the 159 is being sold new again, it is included as a new car, currently 10% of places are gone, Colin.

colcol

As of tonight we have 8 bookings with 32 spaces free, keep them rollin in, the place where we will be going is in Richmond, not West Melbourne as that is now an Audi Dealer, Colin.

colcol

For the current model Alfa Romeo workshop night, light refreshments will be provided on the night, keep those bookings rolling in, Colin.

colcol

Bookings are now starting to roll in, expect to pick up a few at the May General meeting, don't leave it too late, as last time a few missed out, Colin.

John Hanslow

Count me in.

Good point raised by you at the club night.  It is worth attending as many of us will be driving MiTo's and Giuletta's in 5 or 10 years time so its is a current opportunity to learn what they are all about.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Garibaldi

I'll be there Col. You are right that's what we are going to be driving.

Gary

euston53

What happens at these workshops?
Are the workshops technical or aimed at owner/drivers who'll never do their own repairs?

colcol

Hey Euston53, if you want to know, send me an email and i will put your name down.
Last year at the current model workshop night at Zagames, we we shown a video clip of how the twin clutch transmission and the multi-air engines, and how they work, which was all good, because i didn't really know.
Then it was into the workshop with the current cars, 159 - MiTo and new Guilietta, up on the hoists to see underneath and how they are serviced, what goes wrong, [not much these days], what can happen when you clobber pot holes, the best diesel fuel to use, cam belt changes, types of oil used, etc.
As we look at all the cars you are encouraged to ask questions about these cars and why you do that and so on, i always say think of a question about these cars, before you come along, so you will be able to contribute on the night.
We Alfa Romeo type drivers will have these cars in a few years time, as they are fantastic cars to own, a bit more knowledge on your car always helps, Colin.

frankfassi

Good stuff. Shame that I live on the Gold Coast and can't join you guys.

colcol

Hey Frankfassi, what do you mean you can't join because you live on the Gold Coast?, it would be a nice run down to Richmond, [Melbourne], or with cheap air fares, just a bit of pocket money, For all you Victorians, time is running out, we have one week to go, get that booking in and think of a good question to ask, Colin.