looking for a roll cage manufacturer in Brisbane

Started by marinoci, March 20, 2013, 05:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marinoci

Hi I'm looking at fitting a roll cage for my alfa GTV6 to convert into a registered club car.

Has anyone got any tips on a good cage builder in the brisbane area who knows and has done Alfa's before?
also has experaince in compliance for road registered cars?

Thanks,
Marino
1985 GTV6; 1974 Spider

Fylnn

you could try Keith Fackrell at KCF Rallysport at Redcliffe, or Norm Singleton from Samford.  He built mine.  Or Richard Anderson at Avanti of course who is the Alfa expert. 

MD

Which part of Brisbane are you in, north or south?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

marinoci

hi I'm on south side Cleveland 

keen to know who is out this way.
1985 GTV6; 1974 Spider

MD

marinoci,

Not anywhere near Cleveland but on the south side :-

S.L. Race Fabrications, Unit1/24 Tradelink Rd, Browns Plains. 3800 4522. Speak to Scott Leo. These guys are very professional and have been building cages since 1989. They will build you a road and/or race spec cage from any material you want.

I usually build my own but use their services to bend the main hoop and other bends as required. I am saying this for perhaps other readers that are needing tube bending service only.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

marinoci

Thanks for the heads up MD, a local guy does make things easier.
As a result I have booked it in with Scott Leo. :)

Not sure how common knowledge this is;
Basically we have till end of April to get the blue plate for a registered car with a roll cage for QLD, so I have booked it in with Scott  Leo. :)

I have met up with Keith from KCF and Richard Anderson from Avanti, both exceptional guys capable of the Job. Richard is a little busy and Keith a little too far for me and a mate also looking to get a cage done booked his car in with Keith so he will be busy anyway.

We have till end of April to get the blue plate for a registered car with a roll cage for QLD, after April,  a roll cage in registered cars without a blue plate will be illegal and you will not be able to get future roll cage blue plates.

Does anyone have some pics of a good roll cage design for an ALFA GTV coupe 116 please? Scott Leo where I've booked in my car has not done one of these and hope to simplify the process by referring some good designs used on Alfas.

Thanks again everyone.
1985 GTV6; 1974 Spider

MD

marinoci,

Couple of things:
It's not legal to have a full roll cage for a street car. Scott should know the rules.
Do not make the common mistake of mounting the rear bars on the rear inner guards. The rear bars need to go through into the boot and to the top of the spring bases which need to be plated to receive the bars. This way the roll cage is actually connected to the rear suspension which is paramount.

The rest is basically whatever you fancy as common practice. Here is one in my GTV racer as an example. I wont show you all of it as it is not necessary for a street car.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0