Just bought a Alfasud Sprint.....She's a reck!!...Never the less.

Started by BlairH, January 30, 2008, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlairH

Hi guys.

I am from South Africa, and i couldn't find a forum for Alfa's in South Africa. So decided to post here with you Alfa Nuts!

So i bought a Alfa Romeo Sud Sprint, Veloce. The car is full of rust, but the motor is sound. She has a problem with 4th gear but a mate says that the 4th gear is broken..So we sourced a second hand one! The car also over heats, this is a problem i don't know how to get around, we removed the thermostat and still overheats, could it be the fact that we using a Volkswagen Water bottle???

I plan to rebuild her and race her in the Classic class division we have here in South Africa.

Oh and i only payed R 2650 that is about $400

I have uploaded some pics for you guys to view. Any advise would be great.

Regards.

Blair H

Don't Play

shane wescott

The girl in photo five looks like she is thinking about the new dress she is going to miss out on now you bought the car :-)

I love the Alfa logo on the front -  very cool.

Looks like a real "summer project", but should be fun.

Good luck

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Fast Eddie

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

I think there should be a contest for the best caption for the girl in the photo....let's face it guys, it's a look we've all seen before....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Anthony Miller

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on January 31, 2008, 03:41:50 PM
I think there should be a contest for the best caption for the girl in the photo....let's face it guys, it's a look we've all seen before....

"Looks like it, smells like it, I can't believe you bought it"
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Justin Jacobs

She's a wreck - is that the car or woman ? After seeing what that cat Blair H bought in 'she' is not amused . Forget pimp my ride Soweto style that bag of bolts is a 'crap classic' . Blair H i bow down before you as even i have never had the hood so firmly pulled over my buyers eyes to hand over hard earned cash for such a curb sitter . Your optimisum is almost infectious , but I prefer to just wash my hands . If you come over to Australia look me up and I'll buy you a beer. Its the least i can do . I think I am done...

BlairH

Thanks guys for the replies....Not exactly what i was suspecting but never the less.. about the girl.. Well that would be my Girlfriend of about 4 years and a bit, trust me Tracy's seen me waste my money on worse, the funny thing is she actually encouraged me to by the Sud ;D. But yes like i said the Alfa dose need loads of work done.

This is the car ill be replicating but the orange will be green!

Don't Play

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Brad M

Blair, Tim's Sud looks fantastic, what's the detail on it? Is it as awesome as it looks?
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

BlairH

Well it looks as good as it goes....Iv seen some Awesome footage of that car on YouTube.....AND hell dose that thing go...ill try find the video clip from inside the car(that one is amazing) so yes i think it goes as good as it looks..... ;D
Don't Play

BlairH

Not really Scott. Here in South Africa the car has to have the standard block that the car came out with in that era!! SUCKS!!! but would have been nice to do... so the cams are getting profiled and having the motor re bored, etc...
Don't Play

Justin Jacobs

Blair are you in Cape Town ? My mate has a business there that would be good to hit up for sponorship if going to take to the track in compeditive motor sport . If you can get that dejected machine to come back to life like the photos then thats a massive turn around . Best wishes and good luck .

hammer

Blair,

Set up correctly a sprint can still wipe the floor with many other Alfa models. Our Qld Alfacomp winner 4 years out of the past six has been Bob Whitehouse with a Sprint. Until a recent engine change he was pumping out approximately 160hp from a 1.5 litre block. All that with less than 750kg of weight and you have a winner.

Best of luck with it. Be sure to send through progress pics,

Brent

BlairH

Hey Justin Yes i am in Cape Town....and sponsor shit would be cool cos theres going to be 3 of us my Mate Garrin and Chad and they both have the same model sprints as I. So our colour scheme is going to be red for Garrin, white for Chad and green my my car. This of course being the colours of the Italian flag! and what we want to do is have exactly the same sponsors!! This will then make our cars extremely noticeable.

- Hammer.. Yes trust me i know!!! Garrin used to race in fine cars(street legal classics) the cars have to be pretty much standard except for racing seat and harness and maybe a sway bar, but other than that they stock! Any way Garrin used to give the MGs a hiding of note and even a few nissans. So i definitely know their capability's. ;)
Don't Play