Bose amplified subwoofer needed to fit 159

Started by cuore sportivo, January 06, 2013, 08:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuore sportivo

Dear Alfisti, I need to replace the Bose Amplified Shallow Subwoofer on the rear parcel shelf of my 159 (PowerNd woofer). I have contacted Bose, checked eBay, googled it and even retail stores with no luck. It is a very specific item and I might not be casting my net properly. Does anyone have any suggestions of stores online, or other where I can purchase one. Does anyone know anyone that has one for sale, new or secondhand? The Alfa dealers can provide it but it is incredibly expensive to order one from Italy. Thanks in advance.

shiny_car

You could try The Italian Job, in Oakleigh. They are a wrecker; it was a couple years ago, but they had a couple Ti 159s at that time. Probably have even more of them by now.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Cool Jesus

Yeah Alfa wreckers are your best bet. Up here in NSW Rocco at Europarts (he's got an Ebay store) more than willing to help out if he doesn't ahve it he'll sorce it for you. You'll probably find that you'll have to buy the whole set up, even so, Rocco usually puts them up for $400 - $500. What's the diameter and depth of the woofer? It sounds like you've already researched it, there may be an aftermarket equivalent at Strathfield Car Radio, Ryda or similar car audio. Are these woofers attached to a speaker box or free to air and use the boot as its container?
It just occured to me that Alfa aren't the only manufacturer to use Bose, I'm aware of Fords and Holdens using them aswell???
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

cuore sportivo

Thanks for the valuable advice. Called Sam from The Italian Job in Oakleigh and he had part ready for me within a couple of days. Speaker looks brand new and sounds perfect. Highly recommended. Thanks again for the helpful advice.